Chapter 117

With  every  job  interview,  more  denial  came  in.  Being  discouraged   was  an  understatement.  Though  collectively  I  felt   like  I  wasn't  good  enough  to  anyone  anymore.

Andy  had  filed  a  few  things  with  his  lawyers  to  figure  out  if  these  cover  stories  were  hampering  my  success.  Nothing  came  back  yet. 

As for  the  record  store,  well,  things   were  going.  At  least  I  still  had  a  job  right?

Today,  after  work,  I  was  glancing  through  the  newspaper  for  job  postings.  Andy  was  not  home  yet.  He  had  a  gig  in  San  Fransico  but  would  be  home  soon.

All  the  job  listings  were  extremely  ridiculous.  One  job  expected  you  to  have  6  years  of  experience  but  also  be  16+  for  the  job  title.    How  is  that  even   possible?

A  couple  of  the  postings  I  had  called  to  and  as  soon  as  I  said  my  name,   they'd   tell  me  the  job  was  already  filled  or  they  still  had  interviews  to  conduct.  Perhaps  being  in  the  limelight  was  something  I  needed  to  recognize.  My  life  isn't  the  same  as  it  was  2  years  ago.  That's  a  good  thing  and  bad  thing.

For  a  while,  I   took  a  break  from  reading  the  newspaper.  I  glanced  through  the rest  of  the  news  for  a  while.  

I  put  my  highlighter  down  and  went  and   got  ready  for  bed.  

I  went  back  to  the  kitchen  table  after  for  a  while  still  waiting  for  Andy.

There  was  a  job  opening  at  a  funeral  home.  For  a  split  of  a  second  I  thought  whether  or  not  to  apply.  I  circled  it  and  would  think  about  it  tomorrow.

By  11  p.m,  I   was  tired  so  I   headed  to   bed.  Andy  should  be  home  soon  I  thought  to  myself.

And  so,  I  settled  into  the  bed  and  closed  my  eyes.  By   11:45  p.m,  I  heard  the  door  opening  in  the  living  room.  My  Andy  was  finally  home.

I  heard  him  putting  his  stuff  down.  I  heard  the  fridge  open  and  close  as  I  heard  the  pop  of  a  can  of  soda  also  fill  the  house.  He  was  trying  so  hard  to  be  quiet.

I  sat  up  in  the  darkness  of  the  room.  Andy  was  tiptoeing  in.

"Hi  love,"  I  whispered  in  the  dark.

"Darling?  You  should  be  asleep  by  now,"  Andy  commented  in  the  dark.

He  was  by  the  bed  putting  his  drink  down.

"I  couldn't  sleep,"  I  said  yawning.

"Were  you  looking  for  a  job  again?"  Andy  asked  as  I  heard  his  shoes   hit  the  softness  of  the  rug  in  the  bedroom.

"Yeah,"  I  said  quiet.

"I  saw  the  ad  highlighted  for  a  funeral  home.  Why   would  you  apply  for  that?"  Andy  asked  chuckling.

I  laughed  for  a  moment.

"It's  a   job  isn't  it?  And  the  pay's  pretty  good,"  I  joked.

Andy  shut  his  Chester  drawers  and  walked  towards  the  bathroom.

"Darling  you  don't  need  to  be  in a  funeral  home  working  for  dead  people  literally,"  Andy  said  before  jumping  in  the  shower.

"Well  I  mean  at  least  I'd  be  wanted  dead  or  alive,"  I  commented.

I  could  hear  Andy  snickering  as  the  shower  water  began  running.

I  looked  at  the  clock  and  it  was  a  little  after  midnight.  It  was  a  safer  feeling  knowing  Andy  was  home.  I  had  to  be  at  work  in   9  hours  but  I   did  not  have  a  care  in  the  world.

Andy  finished  his  shower  and  came  to  bed  by  12:20 a.m.

"Shouldn't  you  be  asleep?"  Andy  asked  in  the  dark.

He  was  getting  settled  into  the  bed.

"I  should be   but  I  missed  you,"  I  said  finding  his  face  to  kiss  him.

Andy  chuckled.  

"Perhaps  you  should  think  about  seeing  if  you  could  be  hired  on  as  one  of  my  concert  roadies  or   something  I  mean,"  Andy  replied  as  wrapped  his  arms  around  me.

"I  mean  that's  not  a  bad  idea  but  isn't  that  like  against  the  wishes  of  your  agents?  Working  with  the  person  you  are  dating?"  I  asked  Andy  quietly.

I  felt  Andy  shake  his  head.

"Not  that  I  know  of  darling  it  would  be  so  much  easier  though.  We'd  be  together  all  the  time  first  off  plus  you'd  be  extra  protected  and  no  one  would  be  biased  against  you  like  all  those  jobs  have  been,"  Andy  whispered.

"It  just  seems  extreme  to  do  so.  People  in  your  circle  might  make  waves  or  quit  if  that  happened,"  I  replied  sleepy.

Andy  yawned.

"They  can  quit  if  they  want.  It's  their  loss  darling,"  Andy  replied  kissing  the  top  of  my  head.

"I'll  definitely  think  about  it  love  but  also  if  I  worked  for  you,  I  don't  want  it  to  cause  us   to  break  up  either,"  I  told  him  sad.

"What  have  I  told  you?"  Andy  asked  in  a  serious  voice.

He  then  trailed  his  hand  down  to  find  my  hands  which  were  currently  around  his  torso.

"This  ring  on  your  hand   is  what?"  Andy  asked  me.

"Your  promise  I  know  love  but,"  I  begin  saying.

"The  promise  will  continue  and  will  forever  be  that  I  will  take  care  of  you  and  love  you.  I  loved  you  before  we  even  were  a  couple.  I  don't  know  how  many  times  I  have  to  keep   saying  it  but  I  love  you  and  I  will  marry  you  one  day.  But,  I  also  know  how  badly  you  want  the  job  in  the  degree  you  want  and  I  want  you  to  follow  your  dreams.  However  darling, if  I  can  help  you  follow  your  goals  and  dreams,  I  will  do  so,"  Andy  told  me.

I  was  left  speechless.  I  did  not  know  what   to  say  or  do.

I  sighed.

"I  just  have  a  hard  time  believing  anything  right  now   love.  It's  not  you,  it's  just  the  world  we  live  in  right  now  I  suppose.  And  feeling  like  nobody  wants  me," I  begin  replying.

"When  nobody  else  in  the  world  wants  you,  always  remember  that  I  want  you,"  Andy  whispered  close   to  my   ear.

I  got  shivers  down  my  spine.

"Now  don't  be  so  silly  anymore  darling.  You  will  get  the  job  you've  dreamed  of.  Don't  forget  I  have  some  things  into  my  lawyers  because  of  Teen  Hunk  and  such,"  Andy  replied   sweetly.

We  both  scooted  down  to  finally  hopefully  go  to  sleep.

"I  love  you  more than you'll ever  know,"  I  told  him   before  closing  my  eyes  for  the  night.

"And  I  love  you  most,"   Andy  said  kissing  my  forehead.

Sometimes  it's  hard  to   believe   things  will  be  looking  up.