Chapter 69

With  the  holiday  season  in  full  swing,  work  was  quite  busy  once  again.  Today,  we  were  doing  a half-off sale  of  new  and  used  items.  Of  course,  Karen  snuck  in  to  buy  some  stuff.

"Karen  you  are  going  to  get  mobbed,"  I  told  her  as  she  approached  the  counter.

"Nah  who  knows  the  Karen  is  in  here  but  you  guys?"  Karen  joked.

"Your  voice  gives  it  away  so  easily,"  I  said  in  a  hushed  tone.

People  were  coming  and  going  all  day  so  maybe  she'd  blend  right  in.

"I  just  wanted  to  say  it's  a  great  thing  you  guys  do   these  sales,"  some  random  man  told  me.

"Erm  thanks,"  I  replied  as  I  turned  my  attention  back  to  Karen  who  was  mindlessly  going  through  old  Rolling  Stone  Magazines  from  the  early  70s.

"How  many  are  there  of  these?"  Karen  asked  me.

"About  100 ," I   replied  lifting  the  box  with  the  remaining  magazines.

"Ooooh  I'm  trying  to  find  the  one  with  the  Beatles  from  1976.  Richard  had  it  but  when  we  moved  out  of  my  parents  place,  it  got  lost  when  I  moved  to  Century  City,"  Karen  replied.

"Hmm  the  Beatles?  I  don't  think  I  remember  seeing  that  one,"  I  replied  as  I  went  through  a  stack.

"Well  this  one  is  John  and  Yoko,"  Karen  replied  looking  at  it.

"This  one  is  Sally  Struthers,  Linda  Ronstadt,   Elton  John,  hmmm  these  are  not  in  order  at  all,"   I  told  Karen.

"It's  ok!  The  Beatles  should  stand  out,  right?"  Karen  asked.

"Well  yeah  haha,"  I  replied.

"Here  is  one  with  John  Denver,  and  Paul  and  Linda  McCartney,"  Karen  said  showing   me.

"I  don't  remember  ever  seeing  it  though  KC,"  I   replied. 

"It's  ok,"  Karen  replied.

Karen  was  already  going  to  by  a  handful  of  45s  for  herself  and  Richard  for  Christmas.

"Hmm  this  one  has  Peter  Frampton  on  it,"  Karen  said  as  she  was  going  through  a  few  more.

Levi  and  Johnny   were  occupied  and  doing  ok  at  the  register.

"You  can  get  whichever  ones  you  want  KC,"  I  said  smiling.

"Ok  perfect  I'll  get  these  then,"  Karen  said  handing  me  about  5  of  the  magazines.

"Anything  else  you  needed  KC?"  I  asked  her.

"Hmmm  no  not  really,"  Karen  chuckled.

She  grabbed  the  45s  and  we  headed  to  the  register  so  Johnny  and  Levi   could  check  her  out.

"Karen's  ready  to  go,"  I  told   Johnny.

"Oooof  that's  a  lot  of  reading,"  Levi  joked.

"I  think  they  are  collectibles,"  Karen  said  chuckling.

"I  didn't  think  of  that,"  Johnny  replied.

"I  like  being  a  pack  rat,"  Karen  replied  to  Johnny.

I  chuckled  at  their  conversation.

"So  I  think  I'm  done  with  with  the  holiday  shopping,"  Karen  said.

"That's  great  KC!"  I  replied.

"When  can  I  give  you  the  gift  I  got  you?"  Karen  asked  me  as  got  into  her  purse  to  pay  for  her  purchase.

"Uhm  I'm  off  Friday  so  we  could  do  a  little  gift  exchange?"  I  asked  her.

"Perfect!  I'll  call  you  with  the  details,"  Karen  told  me.

"Awesome  Karen  I  can't  wait!"  I  replied.

"You  two  are  like  two  peas  in  a  pods,"   Levi  joked.

"You  think  so?"   Karen  asked  chuckling.

"I  think  so  KC,"  I  said  laughing.

"Since  the  Spirits  Having  Flown  concerts,  you  girls  are  really  close,"  Johnny  said  handing  Karen  back  change.

"It's  the  universes  decision,"  I  said  smirking.

What  a  beautiful  holiday  season  we  are  in.