Chapter 93

Spring  break  was  over  which  truly  meant  I  was  in  the  homestretch  for  graduation.  Andy  was  busy  in  his  own  little  world  working  on  projects.  I  was  divided  between  work,  school  and  stupid  Jessica.

Jessica's  first  hearing  was  to  demonstrate  the  charges  and  such.   I  went  by  myself  and  it  was  terrifying  being  alone.

Gail  was  finally  back  in  my  friendship  circle  after  she  took  a  break  from  school  and  went  on  a  trip  abroad.     So,  she  joined  me  at  the  record  store  to  catch  up.  

"So  you  went  where  again?"  I  asked  Gail.

"Well   we  visited  Cairo,  Dubai,  Berlin,  Denmark,  and  we  went  to  Spain,  Portgual  and  oooh  Italy  too,"  Gail  listed  off.

I  stood  shocked.  Where  did  she  have  the  money  to  go  to  all  those  places?

"That's  so  crazy  Gail,"  I  replied.

I  was  currently  cleaning  records.  Levi  and  Johnny  were  making  small  talk  amongst  themselves.

"I  have  some  souvenirs  for  you  at  home.  I'll  drop  them  off  tomorrow  before  you  go  to  school,"  Gail  told  me.

"Aw  ok  that  was  so  sweet  of  you,"  I  replied.

"I  just  can't  believe  how  long  I  was  gone  and  I  just  needed  to  get  out  ya  know?"  Gail  asked.

"Well  I  get  that  completely  Gail,"  I  replied.

If  she  only  knew  how  badly  I  would  do  what  she  did but  I  didn't  have  the  money  to  do  so.

"So  how's  life  been  around  here?"  Gail  asked  me.

I  shrugged.

"Nothing  really  different.  Either  no  customers here  or  too  many,  not  enough  stock  for  people  to  buy  or  just  the  usual,"  I  replied.

"So  same  crap,  different  day  every  day?  I'm  sorry,"  Gail  replied.

"I  mean  the  only  good  thing  about  everything  is  Andy,"  I  told  her.

"I  can't  get  me  a  man  they  all  are  intimidated  by  me,"  Gail  told  me.

I  looked  at  her  confused.

"A  woman  with  an   education  and  money.  That's  a  threat  to  the  male  species,"  Gail  joked.

I  chuckled.

"Ooooh  that's  true,"  Johnny  commented.

"I  mean  I  would  be  scared  of  you  too,"  Levi  told  Gail.

I  giggled.

"I  mean  I  guess  money   before  honeys,"  Gail  replied.

"Books  before  boys,"  I  said.

"But  you're  with  Andy?"  Johnny  replied.

"Well  yeah  but   I  am  still  getting  my  education,"  I  said  matter  of  factly.

Gail,  Johnny  and  Levi  looked  at  me  with  an  "oh  crap"  face.

"Why  are  you  looking  at  me  like  that?"  I  asked  them.

"Just  because  you  are  so  head  strong,"  Gail  commented.

"And  so?"  I  asked.

"You  don't  find  that  often  anymore,"  Levi  commented.