Chapter 106

Graduation  day  was  finally  here.  The  ceremony   was  nearly  over.  I  kept  glancing  into  the  audience  and  saw  Andy,  my  family,  Karen  and  of  course  Johnny.  Levi  was a  few  rows  down  from  me  and  he  kept  looking  back  at  me  and  we  would  smile  at  one  another.

My  nerves  had  calmed  down.  Of  course  sitting  here  listening  to  all  the  speeches  was  the  easy  part.  The  hard  part  to  come  was  when  we'd  be  told  to  switch  our  tassel  and  pure  chaos  looking  for  family  breaks  out.

We  were  finally  instructed  that  they'd  begin  to  call  each  department.   That  was  the  anxiety  part.  Waiting  for  my  "department"  to  be  called  and  for  them  to  get  to  my  name.

Andy  kept  staring  at  me  from  the  distance.  My  mom  was  taking  a  lot  of  pictures.

After  about  thirty  minutes  of  them  calling  out  the  Early  Childhood  Program  degrees,  they  finally  moved  on  to  the  fine  arts  and  music  department.

My  heart  now  began  to  pound  and  I  was  afraid  when  they'd  call  my  name,  I'd  trip.

Each  name  went  by  and  they  finally  called  me.

"(Y/N)  (L/N),"  the  dean  of  students  called.

The  crowd  erupted  in  cheers  particularly  from  my  clan  of  family.

I  walked  as  gracefully  as  I  could,  took  the  degree,  and  shook  hands  with   all  the  important  people.

I  held  my  degree  up  towards  Andy  and  my  family  and  they  clapped  again.

I  was  so  proud  of  myself  despite  everything  that  was  going  on.

The  ceremony  went  on  for  another  60  minutes.  

They  finally  closed  the   ceremony  and  I  headed  to  find  my  family  and  Andy.

They  all  stood  near  the  bottom  of  the  arena  and  my  mom  was  the  first  to  tackle  me.

"I  am  so  proud  of  you,"  my  mom  said  in  a  tight  hug.

"Thank  you  mom,"  I  replied  as  we  pulled  apart.

My  little  sister  was  snapping  pictures  before  she'd  let  me  hug  her.

"I  can't  believe  how  old  you  are,"  my  sister  joked.

"Haha  very  funny,"  I  replied  as  I  gave  her  a  hug.

Then  my  dad  hugged  me  too.

"So  proud  of  you,"  is  all  he  said.

I  moved  on  to  Karen  who  was  holding  sunflowers.

"I  am  so  proud  of  you!  Here  ya  go,"  Karen  said  hoisting  the  flowers  in  my  direction.

"Aw  KC,"  I  said  hugging  her.

Johnny  then  hugged  me  and  handed  me  a  card.

"So  proud  of  you  lil  sis,"  Johnny   joked.

"So  glad  she  has  a  brother  figure  like  you,"  my  mom  commented.

Then,  my  Andy  was  waiting  patiently  with  a  dozen  red  roses.

He  picked  me  up  and  spun  me  around.

"You  don't  know  how  proud  I  am  of  you  darling.  You  have  overcome  so  many  obstacles  and  made  an  incredible  accomplishment,"  Andy  whispered  as  we  stayed  hugging.

The  flashes  from  the  cameras  were  quiet  blinding.  My  eyes  had  a  hard  time  refocusing  on  everyone  around  me.

"So  I  guess  that  means  this  is  the  homestretch  of  you  moving  on  from  the  record  store,"  Johnny  commented.

"I'm  giving  myself  till  September,"  I  told  Johnny.

"It's  sort  of  bittersweet  cause  we  5  met  there,"  Levi  said  gesturing  to me,  Karen,  Andy  and  Johnny.

"I  can't  thank  you  guys  enough  for  looking  out  for  her,"  my  mom  said  as  she  put  her  hand  on  my  shoulder.

They  all  smiled.

"I'm  so  thankful  for  them.  They  truly  have  been  the  bestest  of  friends  and  of  course  boyfriend,"  I  said  smirking  at  Andy.

"The  promise  ring  was  a  nice  touch  I  must  say  future  bro  in  law,"  my  sister  teased  Andy.

"Aw  uh,"  Andy  said  flustered  and  blushing.

I  giggled  at  his  reaction.

Graduation  day  is  finally  a  closed  chapter.