Chapter 171

Jetlag  was  settling  in.  The  honeymoon  was  over  and  we  were  starting  the  newly  wed  life  off  strong  by  being  exhausted.  Perhaps  a  foreshadow  of  years  to  come?

Thank  god  I  took  off  an  extra  few  days  from  the  record  store  because  there  was  no  way  I'd  be  able  to  stand  up  straight  without  yawning  today.  We  got  home  late  yesterday  after  12+  hours  on  planes  and  in  airports.

"Biscuit  can  you  please  stop  whimpering?  We've  been  home  since  yesterday,"  I  told  our  daughter  who  was  currently  following  me  around  the  house  like  I  was  gonna  dissappear.

Andy  was  in  the  bedroom  resting  his  eyes.  I  had  to  get  at  least  the  laundry  done  from  our  trip  so  I  started  back  on  that.

The  nice  thing  was  one  of  the  wedding  gifts  we  received  was  a  new  blender  so  I  wanted  to  experiment  and  make  a  smoothie  for  lunch  since  it  was  well  past  11  already.

I  knew  the  noise  would  wake  Andy  or  disturb  him  but  I  was  hungry.

I  went  to  the  bedroom  door  which  was  slightly  ajar  and  saw  Andy  looking  at  the  TV.

"Pssst  are  you  awake?"  I  asked  him  quietly.

"Yeah  darling  I'm  surprised  you  aren't  still  in  bed,"  Andy  replied   as  he  looked  in  my  direction.

"Well  I'm  sort  of  hungry  but  also  thirsty  so  I'm  going  to  make a  smoothie.  Would  you  like  one?" I   asked  him.

"Sure  darling.  Where  do  you  get  your  ideas  from?"  Andy  asked  as  he  stifled  a  yawn.

"I  don't  know  but  I'm  like  not  super  hungry  but  I  am  thirsty,"  I  told  him.

"I  see  darling  well  let's  try  and  drink  that  and  then  you  need  to  get  back  into  bed,"  Andy  said  concerned.

"I  have  a  load  of  laundry  that  will  need  to  be  folded  though,"  I  replied  before  heading  back  to  the  kitchen.

"Darling,  do  you  not  know  the  definition  of  "rest"  or  "jet  lag?"  Darling,  you  can't  be  so   stubborn  this  time  around,"   Andy  hollered  back.

"I  know  what  they  mean,"  I  hollered  back  to  him.

Biscuit  was  laying  by  the  sliding  glass  door  in  the  kitchen  taking  in  the  sunrays  that  were  beaming  through.

And  so,  I  experiemnted  by  making  the  smoothie.  I  put  strawberries,  a  banana,  blueberries   and  a  lot  of  ice  and  some  milk.  Hopefully  it  would  cure  both  my  hunger  and  thirst.

The  blender  did  it's  job  thanks  to  Barry  and  Linda  for  the  wonderful  gift.

I  found  some  straws  to  put  in  each  glass  and  promptly  took  a  glass  to  Andy.

"Here  you  go  love,"  I  told  him.

Andy  sat  up  a  little  more  on  the  bed.

"Thank  you  darling.  What's  in  it?" Andy  asked  curiously.

"Strawberries,  banana,  blueberries  and  ice  and  milk.  I  don't  know  how  well  it'll  taste  to  you,"  I  told  Andy as  I  sipped   my  smoothie.

Andy  was  sipping  the  smoothie  and  then  his  face  froze.

"Are  you  ok?"  I  asked  utterly  confused.

"Brain-freeze  darling  oh  my,"  Andy  uttered   while  he  kept  his  eyes  shut.

I  giggled.

"Is  it  that  cold?"  I  asked  as  I  settle down  next  to  him.

"For  me,  yes  darling  holy,"  Andy  said  as  he  continued  to  sip  the  smoothie.

"First  day  home  from  our  honeymoon  and  I  nearly  kill  my  husband  with   a  brain-freeze,"  I  joked.

"No  no  oh  my  god  darling  don't  say  that,"  Andy  said  as  he  put  his  glass  down.

"Well  it  could  have  happened,"  I  told  him  giggling.

"Darling  I  swear,"  Andy  told  me  chuckling.

"By  the  moon  and  the  stars  in  the  sky?"  I  asked  him  with  a  wink.

"Definitely  not  darling  I  just  swear,"  Andy  said  smiling  at  me.

"But  you  love  me  enough  since  you  married  me,"  I   said  said  gesturing  to  my  wedding  band.

"Haha  yes  darling,"  Andy  said  leaning  over  to  kiss  my  forehead.

His  lips  were  slightly  cold  from  the  smoothie.

Just  about  this  time,  the  dryer  buzzed  signaling  the  laundry  load  was  done.

I  stood  up  and  Andy  sighed.

"Where  are  you  going?"  Andy  asked  with  a  slight  pout.

"I  have  to  finish  the  laundry  love,"  I  said  grabbing  my  smoothie  and  going   out  to  the  laundry  room.

"Darling,"  Andy  groaned  as  he  reluctantly  followed  me.

"What?"  I  asked  turning  around.

"I'll  help  you  so  we  can  go  to  sleep   sooner  than  later,"  Andy  said  as  he  wrapped  an  arm  around  me.

"You definitely would  win  husband  of  the  year  award,"  I  told  Andy  proudly.

"You  think  so?"  Andy  asked  smiling.

"Yes  you  silly  goose,"  I  said  nudging  him.

I  dropped  off  my  now  empty  smoothie  cup  in  the  kitchen.  I  then  quickly  washed  it.

We  arrived  into  the  laundry  room  and  got  the  load  of  laundry  out.  I  decided  to  take  the  basket  and  fold  in  on  our  bed  in  our  room.

"Well,"  I  said  sitting  down  on  the  bed.

"You  know  how  to  comprise  darling  I  see,"  Andy  chuckled.

"You  said  I  needed  to  rest  so  I'll  sit  down  as  we  fold  laundry,"  I  told  him  smirking.

Home  sweet  home  it  was.