Chapter 174

New  wheels   keep  turning  in  our  little   world.  Life  was  slowing  down  from  the  chaos  it  had  been  since  the  wedding  and  honeymoon.  With  the  new  car  Andy  bought  me,  things  were  a  little  more  free  since  I  did  not  have   to  wait  on  anyone  anymore.

Halloween  was  in  two  days  and  trying  to  convince  Levi  and  Johnny  to  dress  up  was  hard.  Big  Boss  wanted  us  all  in   costume  for  the  day  of  work.  I  was  going  to  be  Priscilla  Presley.  My  hair  was  long  enough  to  sort  of  dress  early  1970s  Priscilla.  Andy  was  still  undecided  what  he  wanted  to  be.  He  bought  a  bedazzled  costume   like  Elvis  used  to  wear  in  the  early  70s  for  his  concerts.  But,  the  only  thing  is  Andy  also  wanted  to  be  a  solider.  I  thought  about  how  cute  he'd  actually  look  in  a  green  army  uniform  so  he  also  bought  that  too.

But,  for  Levi  and  Johnny,  they  were  another  thing.

"I  swear  Big  Boss  will  get  mad  at  me  if  you  both  don't  attempt  to  dress  up  for  Halloween," I  said  for  the  hundredth  time.

Johnny  side.

"Well  the  thing  is  I  don't  know  what  to  dress  up  as,"  Johnny  commented.

"I  was  thinking  of  being  a  pirate  again.  I  have  the  patch  to  put  over  my  eye,"  Levi  commented.

"Then  do  it!"  I  told  him.

"I'll  see  it  done,"  Levi  promised.

I  sighed  in  relief.

"If  he's  a  pirate  then  I'll  be  Indiana  Jones,"  Johnny  told  me.

"Oh  perfect!"  I  said  smiling.

So, at  least  I  had  convinced  them  by  this  point  for  costumes.

"Big  Boss  will  appreciate  it.  I  don't  know  if  he  is  going  to  surprise  us  on  Halloween  by  stopping  by,"  I  told  them.

"Anything  so  he  doesn't  get  mad  at  us,"  Johnny  commented.

"We  don't  like  him  being  mean  ya  know,"  Levi  replied.

"True  well  thank  you.  You  are  both  my  ride  or  dies,"  I  told  them.

And  so,  work  continued  on  normally.

Customers  came  in  and  out  of  the  shop  mindlessly  strolling  and  purchasing  a  few  items  here  and  there.  

After  a  while,  closer  to  closing,  things  got  quiet.

"Hey  I  forgot  to  ask  you  how's  the  new  car?  Do  you  like  it?"  Johnny  asked  as  we  watched  Levi  count  out  his  deposit  from  the  register.

"It's  so  nice  and  unexpected  still.  When  Andy  drove  up  in  it,  it  shocked  me  cause  he  told  me  he  was  signing  paperwork  for   our  marriage  last  name  thing  or  something," I  said  chuckling.

"He  is  definitely  an  angel  in  disguise,"  Johnny  told  me  as  Levi  went  and  put  the  deposit  in  the  safe.

"I  never  thought  I'd  be  able  to  experience  a  love  like  his,"  I  told  Johnny  as  Levi  headed  to  turn  off  the  backroom  lights.

Tonight  was  my  second  night  driving  myself  home.  I  felt  so  much  independence  and  proundess.

"I  was  worried  when  Jessica  turned  violent.  I  thought  you  may  not  see  the  light  of  day,"  Johnny  mumbled  as  we  each  begin  to  clock  out.

I  sighed.

"I  honestly  didn't  think  I  would  have  made  it  through  those  last  few  classes  at  college,"  I  replied.

"I  didn't  know  what  to  think  when  all  the  drama  with  the  Rollers,"  Levi  said   chuckling.

"Oh  my  gosh  I  sort  of  forgot  about  them,"  I  said  stunned.

"Do  you  still  stay  in  contact  or?"  Johnny  asked.

I  shook  my  head.

"The  last time  I  saw  them  was  that  day  you  guys  were  at  work  and  I  wasn't  and  then  Les,  Alan  and  was  it  Derek  showed  up  the  next  day?  I  wonder  how  they  are  doing,"  I  wandered  out loud. 

"They  were a  part of  our  lives  for  so  long  but  time  took  its  toll,"  Levi  analyzed  as  we  turned  off  the  rest  of  lights  for  the  store.

"True  so  true,"  I  replied  as  I  took  my  keys  out  to  lock  the  store  up.

We  gathered  our  stuff  and  walked  outside.

"See  you  all  tomorrow,"  Levi  said  as  he  jumped  on  his  bike  and  rode  off.

Johnny  stayed  with  me  till  the  store  was  all  locked  up.

"Thanks  Johnny,"  I  told  him.

"Anytime,"  Johnny  said  as  he  walked  to  his  car.

I  walked  to  mine  and  settled  in  to  drive  home  to  my  Andy  and  our  daughter.

Quickly,  I  pulled  up  to  the  house  and  Andy  was  standing  at  the  door  with  Biscuit  in  his  arms.

I  get  out  rather  quickly  and  headed  up  the  walkway.

"Hi  love,"  I  told  him  as  he  leaned  in  for  a  kiss.

"How  are  you  darling?"  Andy  asked  as  we  walked  into  the  house.

After  he  shut  the  door,  he  put  Biscuit  on  the  floor.

"It  was  a  good  day.  Levi  and  Johnny  finally  settled  on  costumes,"  I  replied  as  I  took  my  shoes  off.

"Oh, good  darling  what  did  they  settle  on?"  Andy  asked  curiously.

"Levi  is  going  to  be  a  pirate  and  Johnny  is  gonna  be  Indiana  Jones?"  I  replied. 

"Nice  darling  I  mean  they  are  known  characters  so,"  Andy  replied  chuckling.

"But  what  are  you  going  to  be   mister?"  I  asked  Andy  as  I  sat  down  on  the  couch.

Andy  sighed.

"I'll  just  surprise  you  at  work  again  like  a  few  years  ago,"  Andy  told  me.

"Oh?  Well  either  way  we'll  sort  of  be  a  couple  costume  since  Elvis  was  in  the  army  and  well  the  bedazzled  jumpsuit  works  too  if  I  dress  like  Priscilla,"  I  told  Andy.

"Well  you'll  be  way  prettier  than  her  first  off,"  Andy  remarked.

"Is  that  so?"  I  asked  chuckling.

"Yes  darling  you  are  the  most  beautiful  woman  I've  known  and  seen,"  Andy  replied  quietly.

Here  he  goes  again  making  my  heart  swoon.

"I  see  well  not  to  change  the  subject  what  are  we  eating  for  dinner?"    I  asked.

"Well  I  thought  we  could  get  take-out  if  you  want  darling?"  Andy  asked.

"That  sounds  perfect,"  I  said  reaching  to  the  coffee  table  for  the  menus  we  left  out.

Here  was  to  a  quiet  evening  with  my  family.