59: Celebration of Alex Kang's life

Sakura's POV:

We are back in Korea and have rested for four days. We flew back here the day after we went back to Subic from San Fernando. It was the 29th of May and we are currently getting ready to visit Alex Unnie. I was making the jiggly mini pancakes for breakfast and to bring some to Alex Unnie's grave as offering for her. Chaeyeon was helping me cook at the moment. She was smiling more these past four days and have ordered so much fastfood for our kids. I was happy that today we finally got to cook. Everyone was oddly silent these past few days ever since we came back from Subic, pretty odd really. Since everyone were so exhausted with the two day trip we've done to and from the Philippines. Chaen promised to Uncle Skyler that we will be back for a vacation in December and finally get to see the Christmas Village they were raving about. Apparently, San Fernando makes a beautiful Christmas Lantern. It was the Municipality's forte. Though we have a busy schedule when December comes, she still promised Skylar's parents that we will be back.

Her smiles are genuine now, noticeably so, that our kids always tease her. Surprising even me when she doesn't mind their teasing. She just smiles at them and goes about her day. Totally unlike her previous self. I'm happy that she finally learned to choose her calmness. She was definitely more calmer now compared to nine months ago. It was an abrupt change, but of course I wasn't complaining about the changes she did, regardless if she took time to change or this abrupt change she did, I have always stayed beside her. She even gave up her alcohol for me. She was preparing the fruits which will serve as toppings for the mini pancakes. She was particularly bubbly this morning, humming and dancing along a song as she chops the fruits. ITZY's Swipe as her dancing suggested, she was supportive of her sister's comeback that she always listen to Chaeryeong's Group Album, the whole album including b-side tracks, she'd often dance to the track.

Admittedly the songs her sister's group put out are all bops. Even our kids like the entire album, often sparking a dance off between them. I mastered some choreography from ITZY, but I was more of singing. So far the only song I liked is Trust Me: MIDZY, a song dedicated to their fandom, MIDZY. I was never someone to listen to energetic songs, which is what ITZY mostly had, all their albums so far are mostly dance songs. Their intense choreography was also what they boasted, it was even more intense than what we have, the songs we put out is about us, uniting and going through the hard times we had in training. Looking back at those times and what we all experienced. The rest of the team experienced great loss when the two unnies died, the songs we put out on the two albums were about our dreams coming true and being grateful for each other and moving forward through our dreams and all the realities that came with it.

She was swiping her hands up the air from right to left. I'm not gonna lie, she's really cute when she's being a silly kid. Devoid of all the stresses in her life, happy and laughing like a demon. My favorite part of her is the demonic laugh she's known for, she's always laughing at petty and childish things, a side I thought I'd never see. A hearty laugh that she always gives out to Eunbi Unnie, Yujin and Yena, right before smacking Yena and Yujin in the head, her way of loving the two. I've reiterated to her that that's not how she shows love for someone, it should be through hugs and kisses, gentleness and kindness, but of course it's been nine months and at this point, I'll take what I can get.

I finished mixing the batter up and got to the stove. She's still dancing to Swipe as she cuts the fruits. First batch was for the Maknae line who by any moment now, would complain they are hungry and wanted to eat as soon as one of them wakes up. I was scrambling to get food on the table for the Maknae line. I was concentrating on making the mini pancakes. When she got done cutting up the fruits. She made her way to my side, getting her jig on. So silly really and I wouldn't trade this for the world. It was time probably to tell her that her jig's up and I want her to focus on cooking breakfast with me. But she stops dancing without me saying a word to her and focuses on scrambling the first batch of eggs for the Maknae line.