Chapter 55: Late Night Conversations

I stayed up all night. I couldn't sleep. Our earlier conversation on a constant loop in my brain.

I'm angry. Partly still about Kendall. But also what Harry was going to give up for me. I don't deserve him or his heart yet apparently, his words not mine, I took it anyway. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I didn't want this to happen. Harry having feelings for me wasn't something I anticipated.

And quite frankly it's a bit troubling how absent-minded I was not to notice.

So it completely threw me to hear him say to my face what he said last night. Why? Like I've said before. I like control. I want to know that every second of my life is mapped out just the way I want it to. I crave structure. My days are planned by itineraries. I set alarms and reminders so I wouldn't forget things.

This. This was not planned. This I had no control over. It has no middle. No way of knowing how to get to point B now that we're at A. What even is point B?

Ugh. I'm getting a headache.

Aaron texted me a few times between yesterday and today about wanting to hang out and I have yet to respond to him what with everything that happened.

Needing a distraction, I decide to do just that.

Me: You know, I would have responded earlier but I honestly told myself that I shouldn't.

Me: It's not really conventional to interact with my stalker.

I decide to tease him. If I portray that I'm fine, he'll believe it. Knowing Aaron, he probably assumed the worst and is plotting the several ways in which he can have Harry's head on his dartboard. I'm not blind. Despite what Harry thinks, I know Aaron doesn't like him and he scares him but he wouldn't tell me that. I think he thinks it'll hurt my feelings and I adore him for being the bigger person because we all know Aaron isn't but after what happened yesterday, it just adds to the list of all the things that he's done for me.

God, when did my life get so messy?!

His response comes almost instantly.

A: What did he do?

Really? God, I'm really not in the mood to deal with this right now. He literally saw right through me...in a text!

Me: Calm down, A. Nothing's wrong.

A: Like the hell it is! He did something. I know he did.

Telling Aaron the truth at this very moment might not be the smartest move.

"Oh nothing, just that I had the most magical kiss of my life which turned me into a homewrecker."

In two seconds flat, Harry would go missing. Then, I'd either find him at the hospital or worst case scenario, helping Aaron bury his body.

He'll kill him, I know it. And not in the joking sense.

Aaron literally spent a night in a jail cell after beating some a guy to a pulp who tried to drug Lily's drink at a party.

Let's just say, that's the last party we've ever been to together.

A: You're not responding which means you're trying to come up with a lie.

A: Don't bother. I'm coming to get you.

But did I want to leave was the million-dollar question. Should I leave?

Me: NO! DON'T! WE'RE FINE!

A: YOU'RE LYING!

ME: WHY ARE WE YELLING??