Chapter 31: Interrogations and Shower Thinking

A/N
If you missed Chapter 32, be sure to check it out before you read this one.

Enjoy!

Forgetfulness.

Must run in the family.

When Harry was just about to drive up the stoned driveway, he abruptly mashed the brakes as a frantic Gemma burst through the front door and ran towards the car.

"Park down the street. Make sure no one sees you" she eyes Harry "then come through the back door" she instructed sternly gesturing her hands wildy in the opposite direction of the house and then ran back inside.

Turns out Gemma forgot to mention the most important part of this weekend.

It was suppose to be a surprise.

Of all the things she could've forgotten to tell us...

So she thought out this whole plan of us coming through the back door to surprise Anne and Robin but we can't mention what she has planned for tomorrow. Our reason for visiting was that we were in the area and decided to stop by.

....Yeah.

Harry turned off the car after parking but made no attempt to exit. I turn to look at him with his head staring out the windscreen. He rolls his head in my direction and my heart skips a beat when his green eyes land on me.

A smile slowly stretches across his face while I feel mine to the same.

That is until a high pitched squeal sounds from behind us.

"Uncle Harry!"

Dammit!

He grins as he turns around to face her.

"You're awake!" he squeals back.

"Am I nobody?"

"Oh. Hi mamà" she briefly glances at me and then back to Harry excitedly "When did you get here?"

I don't know if I should be hurt, offended or find her reaction to seeing Harry utterly adorable. She mirrors my internal emotions!

He chuckles at her enthusiasm and turns to me looking smug "At least someone is happy to see me when they wake up"

"Shut up Harry" I mutter opening the door as they start chatting animatedly to get our bags from the boot.

With her bag on one shoulder, my bag on the other and Harry's in my hand I walk back around the car to Mari's side and open the door.

"Come on" I hold my free hand out to help her out. However I don't expect her to jump into my arms instead causing me to slighty stumble backwards and dropping Harry's bag on the sidewalk.

My eyes widen at her sudden movements but they immediately soften as I feel her small arms wrapping around my neck, her head on my chest.

"I missed you too" she says with a smile and my heart warms.

Can I just say that there is nothing better than being able to feel the love and adoration that your child has for you radiating from them. It makes all the sacrifices and hardships worth it. They make it worth it.

I kiss the top of her head and smile as she tightens her arms around my neck.

Hearing a car door close I look up and lock eyes with Harry.

He sends me a soft smile before winking at me and then bending to retrieve his bag from where I accidentally dropped it.

Is it normal for me to feel like I just about had a heart attack when he winked at me?