Chapter 46: Sugar Daddy

Harry's POV

I swear she's going to drive me crazy.

It's five in the morning and I haven't slept a wink, only looking over at her peaceful body sleeping beside me. I feel like I never know if I'm pushing her too much or if she genuinely enjoys it when I touch her.

I mean, at first she'd seem all for it...and then she's not. Who is she to think that she can just make my heart race when she responds to touches and then make it drop when she suddenly pulls away.

Oh yea. She's Mia.

Something I've noticed with Mia is when I try to put myself out there in the most subtle way possible - Yes, I can be subtle. Don't listen to what Mia says - she'd inch closer and do the smallest of things that gives me hope that she can relate to my deepest feelings for her and then she'd just...pull away and make a joke or try to change the subject.

Just like that.

So out of the blue.

And I'm left to wonder if she's just as nervous as I am or if I'm just making her uncomfortable. The last thing I want is to make her uncomfortable but I'll never know if she doesn't give me more to work with.

I'm trying here, Mia! Help a fella out, would you!

Mia sometimes needs a little push if you want to get something out of her which is why I haven't given up yet. Not since that night at the club because in my heart, I know that that wasn't just some drunk mistake...but my head is saying something else.

What I wouldn't give to relive that night again though. I'd take her cacking all over my shirt again if it meant that I could hold her and kiss her the way I did that night.

I'm pulling out all of the stops for this trip. She may not know it but I've got a lot of things planned for this trip and I'm just praying to the gods that nothing goes wrong.

Another reason why I couldn't sleep.

Today is the day to execute the next part of Operation Kidnap the Chicken.

Thinking back on it now, the way I planned this...yes, Mia has got me making itineraries myself now...maybe putting this part of the plan so early into the two weeks probably wasn't the best idea.

Oh God, I'm cold sweating!

And just as I thought my panicking couldn't get any worse, my phone starts bussing on the night stand beside.

The bright light of the screen temporarily blinds my eyes before it focuses on the caller ID.

Liam

Oh no. No no no...please not today.

Hestitantly, I answer it.

"Hey Haz..." from the way he suspiciously dragged his greeting with a high pitched voice, I know automatically that my worst fear for this trip was happening.

"Just say it," maybe it was my fatigue or my disappointment or both, my voice just sounded so down and just literally fed up.

"I wanted you to hear it from me first because I know how important today was for you," I can hear the sympathy in his voice, "but you're going to receive a call any minute now. We've got a last minute radio interview in a few"

They said we were going to be free for these two weeks! I felt like stomping, screaming...anything.

Can't a guy catch a break?

I look over at Mia with the phone pressed to my ear as I see her start to stir in her sleep. Instinctively, I start running my hand up and down her back, smiling to myself as I remember all the times that I've done this to coax her back to sleep.