Chapter 49: Beautiful Mistakes

Mia's POV

My head is spinning and my lips are tingling. My feet felt like they were walking on air as I speed-walked to my temporary room in this ginormous house.

Did I get lost again? Yes. Yes I did.

But that's beside the point.

What the hell just happened??

Harry kissed me. I kissed him back.

And it wasn't like it was just a small kiss either. A little peck on the lips if you will.

NO. I full on made out with my childhood crush.

Now if that isn't some cliche Hallmark shit there then I don't know what is.

What I'm so baffled by is the meaning behind all of this. So what? Does he like me? Like...Like like me? Or did he just do it thinking that I'd forget about our fight?

Nahhh Harry isn't the type.

Then the only other option is that he has feelings for me. But to what extent though? Does his feelings for me match the ones I have for him or am I just some miniscule crush he picked up over the time we've been spending together? Either way, it's still so mind boggling to me that I can't seem to wrap my head around it.

Holy shit! Harry likes me!...I think.

My God I sound like a crazed high school girl.

While I didn't want the kiss to end - trust me, it was like I wanted to hold on to it like I do with my chocolate stash kind of good - I had to admit that I was grateful for the interruption. It pulled me back to reality.

And when it hit...it hit hard.

Like the scarring and crushing of your childhood the day you saw Miley Cyrus swinging on a wrecking ball kind of hard.

So I fled.

As reality began the sink in, the space I stood in that seemed so magical suddenly started to suffocate me. I couldn't stay. Like I do with all situations in my life...I run away. I took the opportunity and ran with it the second he turned his back on me to look at his phone. My mind was so busy with the thoughts swirling in my head that it didn't occur to that whatever text message he got could somehow make or break us in the near future.

When I finally found my room - though I think I passed it twice already- the first thing I did as I closed the door was sink down on the floor behind the door to block it and rest my head in my knees. I blocked the door because I just knew that Harry would come looking for me and no matter how much I wanted to see his face again, to kiss those divine lips again...I needed space to think.

Yeah...to think of all the reasons you could come up with to get out of this.

But it was a mistake.

A beautiful mistake...that you keep making inside your head for the past ten minutes.

I tried turning it off but it kept replaying over and over again, each time making the smile on my face wider and wider and my lips tingled more and more.

It didn't change that I was still upset with him though. I mean, he had the nerve to tell me that I was selfish and then kiss me as though none of that had ever happened.

Ohhhh he knew exactly what he was doing...thinking he could work that charm of his on me and get me to fall for him.

That cheesy ball of slime!

I will stand my ground!

I will not be Harry-ed!

Oh who am I kidding!