Chapter 30: 4 Hours of Honesty

'There's no dotted line to sign away your freedom
I acknowledge you for what you do to keep strong
I'll always get behind you, don't get me wrong
I don't ask for much, just be honest, with me'

We managed to sneak out to the front of the airport unnoticed, thanks to Shaft 2.0, whose name I just learnt is Joe.

Hm, he does look like a Joe...

He led us to the carpark where Harry's car was parked in silence and then walked away to god knows where after Harry retrieved his keys.

When plans changed to Harry driving us there, I didn't expect to meet a freaking Range Rover!

I guess I should be used to the fact that he can afford these things quite easily but sometimes I just forget.

The past week or so with Harry really felt like it was just us again. I felt like I was spending time with the boy I practically grew up with while getting to know him at the same time.

Not some famous boybander with a bank account the size of Europe!

But I guess that's just the reality of things.

"We need to make a pit stop first, if you don't mind" I told him as he started driving.

Something about Harry with one hand on the wheel and the other on his lap looking so relaxed makes me feel things that I haven't felt in a long time.

"Sure love, where to?" he glances at me with a smile before turning his attention back to the road.

I direct him to Maria's house which takes us around fifteen minutes from the airport.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harry's POV

I watch as she walks up to a white house surrounded by many beautiful plants and trees.

She kneels in front of a plant pot and lifts it up revealing what looks to be a key and enters the house.

Now that she's gone, I can feel my heart rate returning to normal.

I'm always nervous around her. Scared of saying or doing the wrong things. Scared of her realising that she's too good for me.

I'm lucky enough that she evens makes time to hang out with me in her already busy life.

She's accomplished so much already. Without me.

She's grown and matured so beautifully. Without me.

The level of confidence and strength that she has in herself is unbelievable and I never doubted for a second that she would turn out this amazing.

I feel like my feelings for her grow everyday and it's getting harder to hide it.

But I have to.

My thoughts are interrupted by the closing of a door. I look up and see Mia walking back towards me, balancing a bag on her shoulder and a sleeping Mari on her chest.

I quickly exit the driver's side and open the backdoor for her as she seemed to be struggling.

"Here. Let me take that" I gesture toward the bag on her shoulder. She smiles gratefully and carefully slides it off her shoulder to me.

I take it from her, my fingers grazing her arm in the process and carry it to the boot, careful not to make too much noise and hop back in to the driver's seat.

I turn in the seat to watch in the back. My heart swells with pride as I watch her gently lay her sleeping daughter across the backseat.

She kisses her tiny forehead and whispers something that I can't hear before looking up and locking eyes with me.