Yes! Corrupt the child!!

The ballroom of the Longbottom Manor was beautifully decorated in deep blues and greens. There were live plants covering nearly every inch of the walls and ceiling, courtesy of Neville. There was plenty of space for dancing as well as small round tables everywhere covered with sea green tablecloths and a centerpiece of lilies, sunflowers, and snapdragons.

Sirius and Remus had bought them all nice party clothes; Harry and Ron were sharp black suits, black dress shoes, and ties, green for Harry and crimson for Ron, while Hermione wore a 1950's inspired dress made of a dark blue silk. They looked wonderful and were some of the best dressed.

"Hey guys!" Neville bounced up to the group, grin splitting his face. He had grown more confident over the year with the help of the three and Luna. "Are you ready for the party? Gran promised to play some music that people under the age of seventy will like too!"

"Sounds great! Sirius made sure that we could dance to anything and I do mean anything. Have you ever seen someone dance to the USSR national anthem? We have and it was terrible."

The four continued to chat while waiting for the party to actually begin. They talked about trivial things such as who they believed the new DADA teacher would be and what they believed would happen this year at Hogwarts. After about an hour later, the guests began to arrive and the party truly began.

Most of the guests were family members of Neville and a few of their family friends. The others were political figures as well as a few of the other students in their year with their families. One such family was the Malfoys, who would have seen it as an insult to not be invited. Harry was already planning how best to get the Malfoys to leave with minimal emotional and physical damage, to the witnesses anyways.

They grabbed Neville, who seemed uncomfortable with the attention of the guests who had insulted him before, and handed Hermione their phone with the feral grin people learned to fear. With a few whispers, Neville was filled in quickly on the plan and everything was ready to go!

"Lady Malfoy! The rumors of your beauty do no justice!"

"Lady Malfoy, are you free to have tea on Saturday? I've heard that your gardens are a true sight to behold!"

The two continued to flirt with Lady Malfoy while ignoring the two males. They asked her about her, about her interests, and about anything she was willing to talk about. The woman seemed to know what they were up to, but played along just to annoy her husband and son. Sirius could be heard laughing somewhere in the background. And then the dancing really began.

The first dance was meant for the two birthday children and they both knew that. The two had matching mischievous grins and a penchant for chaos. They both stood up as straight as possible, not that either was very tall, and both held out one hand to Lady Malfoy.

"Would you grace me with this dance My Lady?" Harry used a small bit of illusionary magic to create tiny stars in their eyes.

"No, please dance with me Lady Malfoy! They don't know the first thing about dancing! I can promise you the best first dance possible!"

The woman laughed at the pleading from the two, ignored the anger radiating from her husband and son, and agreed to dance with both of them for the first song. The two had chosen a slightly faster song than normal and took turns easily twirling Lady Malfoy around the dance floor. It was actually rather fun and had the added bonus of making Lucius and Draco angry.

Once the song ended, the two bowed to their dance partner and ran to look at the video that Hermione got. The video was a little shaky and you could hear her and Ron having trouble breathing while trying not to laugh. It was perfect! They would definitely be posting this one!

"Harry! You are my inspiration! My reason for everything!" Sirius scooped them up in a hug, swinging the child around as they latched onto his shoulders in fear. "And dancing with my cousin was the cherry on top!"

"Sirius, put Harry down! Honestly! Thanks to your little stunt the Malfoys have left, not that that is such a travesty." Remus scolded lightly, failing to hide his own grin. "Dowager Longbottom wants the two of you little hellions to open your gifts soon."

The teens danced to a few more songs, switching off their partners after and sometimes during every dance. Harry and Hermione laughed the entire time they danced together with little jokes on Ron's footwork when Neville was leading. Ron and Hermione danced around Harry and Neville who were both trying to lead the other in opposite directions. Neville and Hermione kept falling over each other laughing as Ron and Harry tangoed across the dance floor.

They also danced with family members: Harry danced with Sirius, Remus, and then forced Snape into a dance. Hermione and Ron did the same. Neville danced with his Gran before he was swept away by Sirius for a very odd and very amusing attempt at a dance. They danced with a few of the guests, only making polite small talk before seeking each other for another dance.

Finally, the two teens were dragged over to the table of gifts that had been partitioned off in the middle to keep each side separated. They decided to open all of the gifts from the guests first and to save the ones from family for last. They both received numerous books on various subjects, Neville was giving plants and clippings for his new greenhouse, and Harry got a new broom care kit. A few different styles of clothes were given to each of them as well.

Once they were finished with those, the real gifts were opened. Neville received the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings books from Hermione; he had taken an interest when she had been explaining the plot to Ron. Ron gave him a hybrid plant that seemed to be half aloe vera and half sunflower, it had been recently discovered in South America. Sirius and Remus had taken him to get a new wand after they found out he used his dad's old one, the argument they had with Dowager Longbottom had been something fierce. And Harry gave him a terrarium that contained a baby bearded dragon as well as a place for Trevor.

Hermione gave Harry a new phone case, a phone charm, and a pair of green headphones she thought they would enjoy. From Ron, they got a mini dvd player that Hermione helped him buy so they could watch movies together. Sirius gave them Kreacher and would complete the transfer of ownership after the party. Remus went through his books and found a few that belonged to both their mother and father as well as a small trunk they could use to carry all of their books, the number of which was growing by the day. Snape gave both boys the same gift: a book on weird potions and an offer to tutor them if needed. Neville had gotten them treats for Aspen and Hedwig as well as a sprout of Shrieking Marigolds.

The rest of the party was spent dancing and just having fun. Eventually, Sirius and Remus rounded up the trio to go back to Grimmauld, Snape having left half-way through the party as promised. With a bunch of rushed goodbyes and hugs, they went home. A perfect end to a perfect day.