29: The Killer of Nadia

MARINA

MARINA

I haven't went to the New Zealand. Does that mean my grandfather never died? Or was he dead even before that? I can't disseminate what is true from what isn't because of how liars my parents are. Right now, even them being my parents is suspicious to me. I mean, who in their right mind would do such shits to their child?

None. No one but my parents.

So they really are sindicates, after all. I've been living under a roof full of criminals who could slit my throat any time they want.

“And,” Blue raises his finger. We are now at an abandoned building that I don't know where. But he told me that it's their hideout. “They were trying to control you by letting you think that you are mentally ill, but the truth is, they were the ones making you crazy all this time.”

Right, my parents are treating me like a goddamn robot that they can just tell what to do and how to act. Did they have a kid just for this game of manipulation?

A memory flashes back into my mind. It was the time that I snuck into the principal's place. At that moment, I heard him say something that didn't make sense back then, but now is connecting to what Blue has said to me.

“My parents,” I mutter. “Do you think they're, p-part of something going on in the univ-versity?” I hesitantly ask.

Hope stares at me. “We don't think. We know for sure.” she's wearing a black leather jacket now with her dark mascara. Ang tinta ng kaniyang lipstick ay maitim na shade ng kulay pula. The Hope that's in front of me right now is very distinct from the Hope that I know. The soft girl who's working at Mang Guzman's cafeteria.

“Oh...” I sigh. “Right.”

Blue scoots toward me. “Marina, I know it's hard to believe—”

“No, no.” I raise my hands at him. “I completely believe you. It hasn't been long when I found my parents' actions suspicious. So I already knew something was going on.”

Plus, the fact that they tried to make me believe in the hospital that Nadia and Aki didn't exist, is already an enough proof that they do have something under their sleeves.

“I'm glad to hear that.”

“But how, how long do you know about Nadia's case?” I ask again.

“Two years ago,” Blue mutters. “You told me that right away, since you have no one to talk to.”

I nod stupidly. Right. No one has ever wanted to even lay their pair of eyes on me.