Chapter 7 - The Yule Ball

Get yourself comfortable, ready your playlists, and ready your heart.

Throughout this chapter, I will be inserting song suggestions for each specific scene that helped me with writing them. If you want, you can listen to amplify the feels. Here's the song list: 

 https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWKqCRZdG5K7Q9N6TRqbW5y9oSEagf4rA

I hope you'll find this chapter extra special ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Merry Christmas!" Lily said, giving her gift to Cedric. It was just after breakfast and they agreed to spend Christmas morning together exchanging gifts.

She wasn't thinking too much about Cedric with Cho now. A part of her was still disappointed and sad about it, but the bigger part of her was now looking forward to the ball especially since she had a fun date.

"Merry Christmas!" Cedric greeted handing his gift to her.

They both excitedly opened their gifts. Lily ripped hers that was carefully wrapped and beamed at the gift Cedric gave her. It was a signed album of her favorite magical band, The Bronze Knuts.

"How in the world did you get a signed copy?!" Lily asked amazed.

"I have my father to thank this time. He knows a lot of people." Cedric smiled, happy to see Lily this happy.

"Ahh! Thank you thank you!" Lily hugged Cedric.

When Cedric opened his gift he saw a pair of black socks with a small bee patch on both its sides. Before Cedric could react to her gift, she quickly explained what it was. "I know it's boring, but see, I made those socks myself AND they're enchanted. I practised a lot for it, I casted a protection spell that I made for you. I'm not sure if how far it will protect you, but still, I hope it protects you in the upcoming tasks."

Lily thought hard about what she would give Cedric this Christmas. She was sure it had to be something that could protect him during the tournament.

Seeing him all burnt in the first task almost made her heart stop and she didn't want to see him that badly hurt again. She was proud to have thought of this idea. He could wear protective clothing, plus socks were discreet enough not to become a hassle in his tasks.

"Thank you, Lily. It's exactly what I need. I'll make sure to wear this in the next tasks."

They continued talking about what's been happening lately, about school, and their family. It's been a while since they talked this long, just the two of them and they both realized how much they missed each other.

"...And Iris, you won't believe this, but she gave me a box full of beauty items. Even with two owls, they were struggling to carry it, poor things." Lily had just talked about what her family gave her for Christmas. "Iris has never given me anything feminine related. Not even dresses, or skirts! Now the problem is how to use them."

"Doesn't it come with an instruction manual?" Cedric asked and Lily laughed.

"Cedric, makeup doesn't require manuals! You just apply it to your face. But there were so many of them that I have no idea what others are for. If you saw the box, you'd think I was making an intricate potion with all the bottles in it."

"That makes me curious. I wouldn't have guessed Iris knew such things."

"Me neither."

Cedric was about to ask who Lily was going with. He never had a chance to and he was feeling..... nervous about asking. Nervous about who Lily's date was. He couldn't stop thinking about it. But before he could finally ask Lily said, "Oh look at the time! I have to go get ready!"