Chapter 13 - My Boy

Lily and her friends were talking, the music was playing when suddenly, the music stopped and Lily noticed the people around now were standing and looking over at the stadium.

She saw Harry who was on top of Cedric and she felt instantly relieved. They were back. They were finally back!

She opened her eyes after her silent prayer of gratitude and when she did, her smile immediately faded.

Cedric was still motionless beneath Harry.

He was injured. He was badly injured.

It might take a while but she trusted Madame Pomfrey to heal him in no time.

But Harry was crying......

People started to gather around them and Lily could see it all as if she were just standing in front and not at the stands. They tried to pull Harry away from Cedric, but he wouldn't let him go.

She looked at the people before her whispering. Why did they look like that? He was just injured he'll be fine.

She looked at George who looked like a mixture of surprise and sadness

Why are you looking at them like that? She wanted to ask him, but no voice came out of her.

And then the first tear dropped when she heard the painful cries of her Uncle Amos, " That's my son! That's my son! My boy!"

"Oh no...."

"He's dead!"

The crowd whispered and screamed words that wouldn't register in Lily's mind. Students were rushing down to the stadium, but Lily stood frozen.

They're wrong.

He can't be.

There's just no way.

It was impossible.

Cedric.....

But as the wails of his father grew louder and louder, Lily couldn't deny it anymore.

Cedric Diggory

Cedric

Her Cedric

..... dead .....