Fourteen

14.

Addison

     I climbed into the back of the SUV with Bennett, Richie taking the front seat with Chris.

     "What do we have?" Chris asked, stripping off the gloves so they were in a small ball. Tossing them into a plastic bag, the four pairs were to be burnt later.

      "Two different claw patterns." Richie said, "Definitely fits our theory."

     "So, nothing new to what Addi's told us." Bennett said, "Can't say I'm too surprised.

     Unger's knuckles rapped on Chris' window, his weasily face beoming more visible as it went down. "Hey, boss. We've spotted the big bad wolf not too far from here at a gas station."

      Richie smiled, "Should we go say hello?"

      Chris laughed a little, "Yes, I think we should."

      The two SUVs went off a moment later, headed for the only gas station in the residential part of Beacon Hills.

      I shut my eyes briefly, seeing the camaro with its leather jacketed owner as we trapped it with our two trucks.

     Derek eyed our SUV as Chris got out, making it unclear to me if I would be caught.

     I checked my phone, leaning so I could see what Chris was up to. Jackson had texted me complaining about how bad of a bowler Scott was.

    Chris rubbed a spot on the hood of the camaro, talking to Derek.

     "What the hell is he doing?" I mumbled, only Bennett in the car to hear me, as Richie was standing thuggishly with Jared.

     Chris was cleaning Derek's windshield, the wolf with a flat expression as he spoke more to him. His fist curled up, but he took the smarter path and released it.

     He was too out numbered to do anything.

     As Chris started to retreat to the SUV, Derek said something that made the hunter smile. Saying what he found to be funny, Jared and Richie smiled.

      Jared used the butt of his gun, slamming in the driver's side window. "Looks good to me." I saw him mouth, getting a grin from Richie.

      Richie and Chris returned to the SUV as Jared went to his own, all of them smug.

     I looked at Derek before looking away as Chris drove from the gas station.

      That was a bit much.

      "Where am I taking you, Addi?" Chris asked, not even worried about angering the Hale.

      "My house," I absently said, texting Jackson back while his whining about Scott being too good.

You can't cheat at bowling, can you?

      "Thanks for your help, Addi." Chris parked the SUV a few minutes later.

      "No problem." I took the bag of gloves that could tie us to the crime scene. "I'll take care of it." Climbing out, I grabbed my skateboard and headed for the house void of lights.

     Stiles seemed to have skipped out on curfew, too.

      I unlocked the front door, sliding my board under the table in the hall. My phone rang the moment I got into the kitchen, Dad's picture flashing up on the screen. I put the glove bag on the counter as I slid my thumb across the bottom of my phone. "Hi, Dad."