Eight

8.

Addison

      Fridays were always the best when it came to school. Everyone is in a good mood, the homework assigned is light and our star lacrosse team was pumped for the game the next day.

      But it's the game I'm worried about.

      Allison wants us all to go out after, but it's not likely because if Scott shifts, then everything is done for.

      The hallways had regained their silence between classes, my heels the only noise. Walking with careful steps, I spotted Allison looking into her locker.

      Allison hesitantly took out her blazer from the party. She looked both ways just as I moved out of her eyeline. She gasped as the bell rang overhead before laughing at herself.

      "Hey, Allison." I greeted, cooly coming from my spot with a curve so it looked like I'd turned a corner.

      "Addison, hey." She pulled out a red textbook and shut her locker. "Uh, is there a chance that you put my blazer in my locker?" She asked, walking towards me.

      "No, sorry. I haven't seen it since the party." I pulled the end on my fishtail braid absently, flipping the hair in my fingers.

      "Did Lydia?" Allison questioned, "Or Jackson, maybe?"

      I shrugged a little, "I'm not sure, sorry." I glanced to the clock. "I've got to go to a tutoring session for my friend Erica, but I'll see you at lunch." Exchanging smiles, we switched sides of the hall and I headed for the library.

      After half an hour of AP geometry, Erica Reyes was getting frustrated with herself.

      "You're doing great, I promise." I assured, "Be patient with yourself. Drawing it out always helps. Even if the equation comes with a diagram, draw your own with the solution you got."

      "Miss Stilinski?" Mrs. Carter poked her head around the fiction shelves, finding Erica and I at the table I always preferred to do my teaching at. "Your father is here. Station business, he said."

      I nodded, shutting my textbook. "You're really improving, Erica. Same time next week?" I squeezed her shoulder when she gave me a reply. "See you later."

      Erica smiled at me, her blonde hair tied back in a messy bun. "Thanks, Addi. I'd be failing the class if it wasn't for you."

      "It's my pleasure." I put my bag over my shoulder and pushed in my chair. "Study those flash cards I made you, okay?" Rounding the corner, I saw Dad with Adam. "Dad?"

      "Come with us." Dad motioned towards the hall, "We've got to talk to the principal."

       "Is something wrong?" I asked, the three of us moving into the crowd that formed when the class bell rang.

      "You don't get to go out and party tonight." Adam jeered, "Poor baby."

      I rolled my eyes, pushing down my strong desire to hit him until he stopped moving.

      As soon as we got to the windows that covered the hallway, the assistant principal came over to greet us.

      "I'm so sorry, but Principal Thomas has a very important meeting. But, please, let me pass on what you have to say."

      Dad nodded absently, crossing his arms when Adam and I stood to his right. "We've had what might be a series of animal attacks in the past few weeks. I want everyone under the age of eighteen to be in their home by 9:30 p.m. We'd like to institute the curfew effective immediately."