Fifteen

15.

Addison

      "Yo, Ads-" Stiles tapped on my door, swinging open. "Why are you packing?"

      I glanced over my shoulder as I folded my .45 into a set of three shirts. "I'm going out for the weekend."

      I still had two weeks left on the freedom of homicidal Peter and needed to keep the Winchesters out of town.

      "You are?" Stiles lifted an eyebrow, "With who?"

      "Alone." Tossing my hair over my shoulder, I unplugged my laptop and put it in my backpack. "Seminar for prospective students at Stanford."

      He narrowed his eyes, "You're only sixteen. We haven't even finished sophomore year."

      "I'm just seeing my options." Fully packed, I zipped up my duffle bag and put a couple of books in my backpack. "Anyway, applications don't start for us until junior year is over."

      "You're so worried about the future." Stiles noted, "You should just try to be a teenager."

      "Maybe some other time, big brother." I replied with a soft smile. "Mind dropping me at the bus station? Dad can't get of work in time."

      "Sure, when do you need to go? I'm not going to Scott's until later." Stiles leaned in the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest.

      "Uh," I checked my watch, "now works."

      "Yeah, okay." Stiles nodded behind him, "I'll grab my keys."

      I thanked him as he walked off, waiting until he was gone to pull the box from under my bed. Having to grab a few extra weapons, I put them into my duffle and returned the locked box to its place. As if I took no time at all, I met Stiles downstairs at the Jeep.

      "So, questions." Stiles turned on the engine as I climbed into Roscoe. "It's been a little while since Mr. Meyers died, but has there been anything else like it? Any attacks?"

      "Not lately, no." I kept my backpack - the one Lydia hated with a passion - at my side and my duffle bag at my feet. "It would be nice if nothing happens like that again."

      "Do you think that's the reality, though?" He asked, a pinch of curiosity in his voice.

      "I think the reality is that we have very little influence on what happens in the world." I softly said, "That applies to our town, too. So if something seems likely to happen, we should be ready for it."

      Stiles hesitated as he drove us down the road, "I see why you're going to a college seminar."

      I rolled my eyes, smiling. "Shut up. I'm just saying that in all honesty, you can't always tell what's coming and if you can, you should be prepared for it."

      "Fair enough." Stiles let out a breath, "Oh thank God we're here. I can get rid of my sister for a weekend." Grabbing a parking space at the Beacon Bus Station just outside of town, he put the car into park.

      I shoved him, "Are you kidding? This is my break from you." Glancing over, two people in the vintage car were staring at me with wide eyes.

      Stiles had parked right next to the Winchesters.

      I played it off, returning my attention to Stiles. "I'll be back Sunday night. Dad knows when to pick me up."

      "Stay out of trouble, and no frat parties." He took no regard to the two next to us and put his hand out to me.