15|| Unlucky Hairpin

"I think I'm starting to like Lia, Heeseung."

Heeseung's eyes widened.
"Sunghoon...." he called trying to remind him the golden rule.

"I know we shouldn't but.... I can't stop it. I don't know what I ate to fall for a half- breed and the biggest thing is that she's an Alpha."

Heeseung started to be afraid what consequences might his brother will face ahead.

"Tell me how did you like her."

Sunghoon was about to speak when a car was approaching the place.

"It's Mr. Kim!" Sunoo said and immediately stood up.

"Go to school tomorrow with Lia! Goodbye Hee! I'd be killed once Mr. Kim see me" Sunoo said and ran, vanishing in the air in just a second.

Heeseung put on his black hood and got ready to leave.
"Let me warn you one last time Sunghoon. Both the human world and the immortal world will be against your love for Lia."

"I get it and I'm asking you to give me time to get rid of it. I know we shouldn't feel this kind of emotions but I hope you'll understand" Sunghoon replied.

"I'm not against you, brother. I'm just worried what it might bring to you. And the thing is, she's Jungwon's first love. No one knows whether Jungwon moved on or not. Take your time. I hope you can do it" Heeseung grinned before vanishing into the woods.

Sunghoon sighed.

"Sunghoon? You're still outside?"

"Or.... Did you go hunting?" Mr. Kim whispered as soon as he got out from the car.

"Kind of" Sunghoon replied scratching his nape.

Mr. Kim pat his shoulder.
"Want to go hunting with me tomorrow?"

Sunghoon side-viewed Mr. Kim.

"I'm serious. Let's go tomorrow."

"I'll try. I must take Lia to school first. I know you already heard the several attacking. Your daughter can be captured anytime."

Instead of panicking, Mr. Kim forced a smile.

"That's okay. I know I can trust you and your siblings.

And about pointing the stake at you on the other day, I want to apologize for that. I was just trying to prove to myself whether you are Lily's son" Mr. Kim explained.

Sunghoon lifted his gaze with confusion, "y-you know my mother?"

"Let me tell you a story tomorrow" Mr. Kim replied smiling sweetly.

Sunghoon stared at him that filled the surrounding with silence.

"By the way, what's that nasty smell?" Mr. Kim broke the silence, sniffing around him.

"Ah, it's probably the blood in my hands. Sorry for facing you without washing it" Sunghoon apologized.

"I didn't know that. Then let's go inside."

Mr. Kim was surprised when Sunghoon gave him the white orchid flower he's holding.

"Can you give it to Lia? She told me she loves flowers."

Mr. Kim accepted it with a smile.
"This is her favorite flower. It was just sad to know I held on too tight. She can't attend school trips nor campings and even go to the forest to pick her favorite flowers."

"I was too scared that the curse on her will break and she'll be
gone."

Sunghoon was surprised. "What do you mean curse?"

-

"My head hurts. Why is that?" Lia mumbled stretching while walking in the school hallway.

Sunghoon gulped and pretended to know nothing despite the fact that it's because of Sunoo's speed while escaping from the Alphas.

"By the way, did your dad gave you something when you woke up?" Sunghoon asked, avoiding her question.

Lia whimpered and nodded.

"He gave me a white orchid telling me it's from you."

Sunghoon's eyebrow went up with his cheeks heating up.

Lia stared at him for a moment.

"Did you catch a fever? Your face is turning red" she innocently said,placing her palm in his cheeks.

Sunghoon stepped back due to his fast heartbeat.

'This can't be. I must avoid her but how? She is the one who keeps coming to me.'

"It's hot!" Sunghoon gave up when Lia is very near him.

"Huh?" the girl uttered.

"T-the weather is h-hot!" Sunghoon stuttered and tried to calm down.

"Is that true?" Lia nag and teasingly smiled at him.

Sunghoon looked away and hummed as a response. He grab the bottle of water in Lia's hand and drank.

"Is the weather hot or am I the reason? Do you somehow like me?" Lia assumed and made her eyes cute.

Sunghoon quickly choked on his drink and coughed.

"Oh my!" Lia was surprised, immediately patting his back.

"Are you okay? I was just teasing you" Lia explained.

Sunghoon calmed down and cleared his throat, "are you assuming or guessing?"

Lia glared at him after hearing his question. "Don't ask things like that! You nearly killed me!" he scolded.

Lia whimpered, "alright."

They continued to walk in the hallway with Lia sulking beside Sunghoon.

"Broth--" Sunoo was cut off when he realized he's about to reveal his relationship with Sunghoon with Lia's presence.

"Sunoo. Are you here to yell at me again?" Lia asked, meeting him with a glare.

Yoona was confused. "Have you yelled at her?" She whispered to Sunoo beside.

"It was a long story" Sunoo mumbled.

"What's with her?" Sunoo whispered back to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon side-viewed Lia and saw her still sulking.

"Never mind her. The important thing is,she's alive. So what's with you guys?"

Lia quickly glared at Sunghoon.

Sunoo showed up the hairpin that Sunghoon managed to grab at the hidden "Alpha's Princess's" hair last night.

"We tried to check every student in every section but no one knows where this hairpin belongs" Sunoo reported.

"Really?" Sunghoon bit his lips.

Silence were heard not until Lia interfered.

"Why are you looking for the hair pin owner?"

The two siblings looked at each other not knowing how to say it.

"Well, it is reported that the owner is very dangerous because she is after someone. So, Sunghoon and Sunoo wants to find it to be reported to the police station" Yoona explained forcing a smile. She knew the attacking that happened last night because Sunoo told it to her.

"I-is that so?" Lia uttered.

"Hmm that's why we must find it" Sunghoon replied.

The three are busy having a conversation but Lia kept staring at the hairpin Sunoo was holding.

'What does this mean? That hairpin looks exactly like the hairpin I gave to Eli on her birthday.'