16|| Suitor

Talking about the hairpin, Eli comes along enthusiastically.

Lia's eyes followed her.

"Hi Sunghoon" she greeted.

Sunghoon bowed his head down as a greet.

"Where have you been yesterday? Why didn't you showed up?"Sunoo asked.

Eli smiled, "sorry. I was out looking for someone."

"I see" Sunoo uttered.

"By the way, that hairpin is beautiful" Eli cheered.

"Oh yea--"

"Indeed! It looks like my gift to you" Lia interfered. The brothers were surprised, locking their eyes at them.

Eli faked her laugh. "It is, but that's not mine. Your gift is at home. Of course! I'm keeping it safe" she replied.

"Oh that's great. Wanna have lunch with us today?" Lia offered.

Eli sweetly smiled and shook her head. "I want to be alone" Eli said, turning her back to leave.

Lia was somehow hurt to see her best friend's unnatural actions. She isn't like before that always clingy and talks sweetly. Eli looks so matured today.

"What's with her? Is that even Eli?" Yoona asked while watching her walk away.

Lia flinched when Sunghoon suddenly removed her ponytail.

"Eh? What are you doing?" Lia asked.

Sunghoon smiled and sneakily put her hair tie in his pocket. "You look better with your hair down," patting her head.

Lia was stunned again not being able to move.

"Never walk alone in the corridors alone. Better stick with Yoona and Sunoo always" Sunghoon ordered.

Lia snapped out of it and nodded.

"I'll get going" Sunghoon bid his goodbye.

"Hmmm.... take care!" Lia yelled.

"I will!"

Yoona ran towards him. She opened Sunghoon's palm and placed a circular device that's used for locations.

"What's this?" the boy asked.

"I don't know whether you can go home safe or not so if ever you encounter your enemy and can't take them, press the center of that device and we'll receive your signal. Wherever you are, Sunoo and I will be there" Yoona explained.

Sunghoon grinned.

"I don't need this but anyways, thank you. Try to take care so you won't be bitten again."

Yoona nodded.

"Take care."

Yoona was about to leave when Lia came running towards Sunghoon. She gave him a warm embrace.

"Take care on your way home."

Sunghoon smiled. He caressed her back saying " don't worry about me. You should be the one to take care. The school isn't safe."

"Okay. That's enough. You two are getting into my nerves" Sunoo interfered.

Sunghoon broke the hug as they both bid goodbyes.

-

Mr. Kim along with his daughter Lia was busy cooking dinner at the kitchen when someone knocked on the door.

"I'll take care of that. Go and open the door" Mr. Kim ordered. Lia immediately followed.

She opened the door but no one was outside. She walked out the balcony and whimpered when no one is there.