Bruno Madrigal

The Trio followed the rat through the dark tunnel, Juano using his light orbs to illuminate the way. They trod carefully over rocks and roots until they came to a wooden creaky door. The rat squeezed under a gap. 

Juano gently pushed the door open. But as he walked through, he found himself in a tight narrow corridor that was squeezing. He managed to squeeze through and allow the girls to follow after him. 

"Where are we?" Isandra asked as she closed the door. 

Mirabel stared up and the walls enclosing them. She touched it. It felt like brick and sand. "We're inside the Casita's walls," 

"Why would a tunnel from my Tia's hut lead here?" Isandra wondered. 

Her two friends shrugged. "She did say to trust our instincts with whatever happens," Juano reminded. "I guess we just find the rats and find that vision to figure out what to do next," He stared around and tried to look for the little rat. "Where'd he go?"

The girls peered down at their feet and along with the tight narrow spaces. Nothing.

"Seems our little guide has vanished," Mirabel said. 

"Maybe we should split up," Isandra suggested. "We'll cover more ground that way," 

"I don't know about this," Mirabel was uncertain. She stared around. She felt her hair skin twitching as she could hear quiet but audible cracking. "I have a bad feeling,"

"I think Isandra's right Mirabel. The sooner we find the vision the better," Juano agreed. "Here," Concentrating his powers and thinking of Mirabel's kindness towards him, he made three orbs of light appear above their heads. "There. These orbs will help us find our way and if any of you get into trouble...the orb will fly back to me and I'll come and over," 

"That's incredible," Isandra complimented. "How did you do that?"

"Just a...random thought," Juano said awkwardly.

"Your powers are incredible. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise," Isandra said. 

"Please promise me you guys will be safe," Mirabel implored.

"We'll be fine Mira," Isandra hugged her. "Good luck guys," 

"Be careful girls," Juano implored.

Isandra and Mirabel went left whilst Juano went right. Isandra and Mirabel came across two tunnels and went down through one each other. 

Down his tunnel, Juano took careful steps but his efforts remained helpless as the wooden floor planks creaked. A strange feeling crawled up his spine like a snake and he felt the hairs on his skin tingling. The feeling steered his head up and he saw cracks slowly creeping along the walls. He gulped. This was not good. The miracle was beginning to die. The Casita was beginning to crumble. 

Down her tunnel, Isandra rubbed her arms feeling a little chilly. She felt dust falling onto her face from above her head. She peered up and saw cracks crawling over her like ceiling snakes. She felt scared. She stopped for a second and pressed her ear against a wall hoping to hear something. Just then she heard the voices of Camilo and Pepa. Camilo was trying to comfort his mother by giving her tea to calm her nerves. Hearing his kind voice and caring nature towards his mother made Isandra reflect on memories long buried in the past, back to times when she and Camilo were so inseparable. He used to make funny faces that would make her laugh. She used to do tricks that made him applaud her. They used to play hide and seek in the forest together and Camilo always used to cheat by pretending to be someone he was not. 

As she thought about the fun and joy she missed with him, her eyes began to water. She continued on her way, wiping away her eyes. 

Mirabel did her best to keep calm but she felt a little scared even though Juano's light orb remained floating beside her.