Chapter One

Y/N'S P.O.V

It had been about 3 years since the Civil war that had broken up the Avengers, but thankfully they all came to a truce, and we all understand the reasons for our actions. Steve had convinced Bucky to live at the Tower with the rest of us and well even though it's been nearly a year, so fair so good.

I was sat in my room after a shower, though with a messed up, bandaged arm it was difficult. Gotten dressed, being careful of the burns and bullet wound when there was a knock at my door. Sighing, I instantly knew who it was "I'm fine Steve!" I called back only to hear a chuckle "it's Bucky" now that took me by surprise. Why was Bucky here?

"Oh, uh, come in" I called back frowning as the door opened "hey, uh, what brings you here?" I asked watching him walk through and close the door "I was on my way back to my room. I...uh...I didn't see you at training, just...just wanted to make sure you're okay" my confusion went away, and I was hit with realisation "Steve asked you check me, didn't he?" Bucky didn't answer only looked nervous. "Figured as much. I swear he thinks I'm made of glass" I groaned grabbing the cream Bruce gave me for the burns "yeah, he told me what happened. I mean, I knew you've got guts an' all but damn. I'm still amazed you did with a bullet wound and the fact you didn't have to have a new arm"

I chuckled shaking my head "yeah, I'm known to never back down, shot or not. I shouldn't be mad at him for checking up on me. Before you came here, we went on a mission to take down a HYDRA base as they were leaking files when we found out they had a new weapon. I tried to convince Steve that because it was in my...categories I could handle it. Well, I handled it along with being shot three times. I didn't stop until the machine was disabled and safe to say I felt like child being told off by a very pissed off Dad" I chuckled shaking my head "you should've seen his face; I was just waiting for him to ground me and send me to my room"

"That sounds like Steve" Bucky said crossing his arms "the mother hen" I added grabbing the cream "this is gonna be a big ask, but could you help with me with this? Natasha is normally here to help but she's on a mission" Bucky seemed uneasy at first but nodded and walked over sitting on my bed. Turning around, I slowly lifted my top up, revealing my wound "holy – you really messed up your shoulder" Bucky said hearing the shock in his voice "that's me."