Chapter Eight

Y/N'S P.O.V

Arriving back at the tower, we had a few hours until the party and according to Natasha, that was enough time to us to get ready. How long is she planning on spending doing hair and make-up? When we got back to the tower, Nat and Wanda had ordered me to have a shower and they grab the accessories needed for my costume. God knows what they'll bring. Turning the shower on, I waited until it was at the perfect temperature for me before climbing it. The heat sent a shiver down my spine after being in the cold for so long. Thinking over my costume I don't get why I was so nervous to wear it. My uniform is similar to Nat's and that's a tight black cat suit. Saying that, I'm not one to wear clothes that's so low-cut, showing off quite a lot. Wearing such an outfit, would be catch Bucky's eye? Would it make look sexy? Would he think I looked sexy? Oh god, what am I thinking? Sighing I continued my shower I washed my hair, scrubbing out any grease and dirt before finally climbing out.

Thankfully, this time, having a shower wasn't so complicated as Bruce had taken the bandages off earlier which was a big relief. Wrapping a towel around my body, along with hair I did the usual routine with the cream then got dressed into some simple loose bottoms and top. Towel drying my hair slightly, just enough so I didn't electrocute myself when I used the blow-dryer. Ha, me getting electrocuted, that's something. "Y/n! Open up! It's me and Wanda!" Natasha called obviously hearing the hair dryer "It's open!" I called back. "Alright, we got everything we need. Time to work my magic" turning the dyer off, I set it down on the desk brushing my hair to control the frizz.

"Okay, work your magic." Natasha and Wanda worked on my make-up and hair, it was only simple make-up and beach waves in my hair but damn, I looked good. "We've already done ours, all we need to do now is get changed. We've got 30 minutes until the party, and we still need to finalise your costume" Wanda said placing a bag on my bed, along with their costumes. Wanda's costume was a white angel with cotton wings and halo, and Natasha was a poison Ivy, perfect considering they both were red heads.

I headed to the bathroom and got changed into my 'sexy policewomen.' Looking in the floor to ceiling mirror, I did a few turns admiring the costume "well, let's see" Wanda called. Opening the door, I stood there and a spun slightly "well? What do you think?" I asked seeing their shocked faces "holy – shit. Not only are Bucky's eyes are gonna be on you, but you'll also have everyone's eyes on you" Natasha stated wide-eyed "you seriously do look unbelievably sexy, no-one else could pull that off, except you. And now for the accessories" Wanda handed me a pair of knee-high boots and one of my holsters "complete with a gun and knife. Don't worry it's plastic and the gun is just a prop" she said as I slipped them on. "Now, let's knock them off their feet."

Stepping into the elevator, the music grew louder as we got closer to the top floor, or party room as Tony calls it "you ready?" Nat smirked "as I'll ever be" I mumbled as the doors opened "don't forget to sway them hips" Nat whispered. Chuckling I shook my head and followed them out. Looking around the room, I saw Tony stood with Pepper both had a glass in hand. Clint was sat on the sofa with Sam, laughing about something. Then I saw Steve and Bucky stood at the bar talking with beer in hand when his gaze turned to me. "Sway them hips" Wanda whispered walking away. 

The two walked over to the sofa, sitting with Sam and Clint, while I walked over to the bar "hey guys, you're looking good." I said as I leaned over the bar grabbing a beer "whoa, y/n you look...wow" Steve said looking me wide-eyed "Thanks. Natasha and Wanda dragged me out to find the 'perfect costume" I shrugged twisting the bottle cap. Looking at Bucky he was just staring "hey Bucky, you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost or something" I said concerned. He shook his head slightly "no, no, I'm fine. You...uh...you looked amazing by the way. Complete with handcuffs too" Bucky said lifting them up brushing his hand against my hip "yeah, well I'm a policewomen, gotta have them. Who knows, I might have to arrest someone tonight" I said before walking away, swaying my hips.