Chapter Twenty-Four

3RD P.O.V

A few weeks passed and was by each day y/n was slowly healing. The doctors cleared her stable to leave the medical ward a week or so after she woke up. It was day of Tony's party, or rather y/n's and Bruce's party and y/n was spending the day with Natasha and Wanda shopping for a suitable dress "Bruce's dad instincts have already kicked in, he was what y/n was wearing and said to change her shorts because it was showing too much" Wanda said as the two laughed "ah well, it's natural. Besides, I have a boyfriend to impress" y/n said smirking. "Ohh, is someone planning some little action tonight?" Wanda asked teasing her "no, it's just, Bucky hasn't seen me in a dress before" y/n shrugged "and I don't want to look, I dunno...bad?" Natasha hooked y/n's left arm, while Wanda hooked her right arm "he was drooling when you wore that policewomen outfit, and you'll never look bad" Natasha said reassuring her "now, enough talk, more sexy dresses"

The three were out for nearly the whole day, and the party started at 8. "He's gonna be drooling and Bruce is gonna have a heart attack" Natasha said laughing "let's hope he controls it" y/n added "Bucky or Bruce?" y/n's cheeks instantly turned bright red making Natasha and Wanda laugh even more. "I'll see you girls at the party" she smiled heading to her room. Setting the bags on the bed, y/n headed to the bathroom for a shower to freshen up before the party. "Hey Doll, you here?" Bucky called walking in "yeah, I'm coming" she answered opening the bathroom door "haven't heard that in a while" Bucky grinned as y/n shook her head holding back her smile "so, what brings you to my humble room?" y/n asked walking to the drawers for her towels "I miss you is all" y/n turned slightly with a raised eyebrow "why are you really here?" Bucky sat on her bed chuckling "you always know. I wanted to see if you're okay, I know how you are with parties" y/n smiled walking over to him, wrapping her arms over his shoulders "I'm fine, just getting used to Tony throwing a party for me and Bruce, don't want to mess up my own party" Bucky rested his hands on her hips looking up at her with a smile "you won't, besides, you can't get drunk, so you won't do anything embarrassing"

Y/n nodded now straddling him "true" she smiled playing with his hair "you're amazing, you know that" Bucky randomly said "that I do" she said pecking his lips "now before this escalates, I need to get ready. The party starts at 8 and it's already 5 O'clock, and you need to get ready too" Bucky playfully groaned as y/n stood up "but y/n" he whined pulling her back "not gunna work, Barnes. You know those puppy dog eyes don't work on me" y/n stated tapping his nose "I know, but I know what does" Bucky pulled her close, gently kissing her as his hands slipping under her top making her shiver. Grinning in the kiss, he peppered small kisses along her jaw down to her neck. He bite down causing y/n to let out little gasps and moans. His hands travelled up to her bra, undoing the claps with one hand. Y/n grinded against him making him groan and bite down a bit harder on her neck. Y/n pulled back a look of lust and hunger in her eyes. She pushed him down onto the bed, leaned forward licking Bucky's lips then whispered "not gonna work" and jumped up running into the bathroom. "You'll pay for that" was all Bucky said before leaving.

After her shower, y/n got dressed into her dress, made sure it sat right. Slipping on her heels she checked her make-up; it was simple but with bright red lipstick. Her hair was down and curled "Let's next 'em dead" she grinned. Grabbing her clutch bag, she put her lipstick and phone inside before heading to the elevator. Pressing to the top floor, so waited feeling excited but nervous. Bucky hasn't seen y/n in a dress before, sure a skirt but this was different. The elevator came a stop, y/n calming her breathing as the doors opened. Walking out, she saw many unfamiliar faces, drinks in hand talking, laughing, or dancing. "Well then, isn't this a nice surprise" y/n turned to Tony who handed her a glass of champagne "thanks, Tony. Y'know you didn't have to do this" y/n said gesturing to the party "of course I did. It's a family reunion party. You and Bruce and you back to the Avengers family" he smiled nudging her slightly "just keep an eye out for ya dad, he's instincts as a father have really kicked in" he joked "oh, I've already figured that out" y/n laughed sipping her drink "well, when you see a pretty lady wearing something so nice, the protection kicks in" y/n nodded agreeing "yeah, but he knows I'm with Bucky and Bucky wouldn't do anything I didn't want to do" Tony raised an eyebrow at her "is someone keeping secrets?" he smirked "oh please, you of all people would know if something happened. You're New York's boy toy" y/n smirked walking away. Tony chuckled when he went over what y/n just said, "hold up, boy toy?"

Y/n walked over to the bar where Nat, Clint, Bruce, and Steve were "whoa, look at you" Nat whistled "showing off that figure" y/n giggled sitting down next to Bruce "don't. You've already told me off for wearing my shorts" y/n joked "I know, sorry. Father figures coming through" he chuckled "it's okay. Just remember, I'm an adult too" y/n smiled nudging his shoulder "yes, I know, I know"

"Hey y/n, we got in coming" Clint said he nodded behind her. Turning around she saw Bucky walking with Wanda. He was wearing a plain dark blue suit, fitted tightly showing his muscles. She's never seen Bucky in a suit before, he usually just wore a shirt and trousers, but never a suit. "I think we should give the two some space" Steve said gesturing for them to walk away, including Bruce. Y/n hadn't realised she was staring until Bucky lay his hands on her waist "this is new" he said smiling "I...uh...yeah" she said shaking her head slightly "you look handsome by the way. Didn't think I'd ever see you in a suit" Bucky looked down at his clothes chuckling "yeah, well, Wanda made me wear it. She said it's a very special occasion, and I need to look my best. She even tied my hair back" y/n smiled looking over his suit "it fits you perfectly" Bucky looked up back at y/n, his eyes wondering over her outfit "and you look absolutely gorgeous, I've never seen you in a dress, even when Stark had other parties" y/n chuckled nervously "yeah, well, I wanted to impress you" Bucky tilted his head slightly "you don't have to impress me, you have no need to. I love you, no matter what" he said pecking her lips.

Then the music changed to a song that y/n recognised, so did Bucky. She looked over at the stage to see Wanda and Natasha holding microphones, Nat held out on to y/n 'do it for Bucky' she mouthed. Y/n set her drink down and pulled Bucky to the dance floor "what are you doing?" he asked chuckling "you'll see" letting go of his hand, she ran to the stage. Bucky watched as y/n grabbed a microphone just as the lyrics came on screen, though she already knew the words. Nat and Wanda sang along a few times, but they wanted y/n to be the star. As y/n sang, she stepped down from the stage, slowly walking towards Bucky, swaying her hips. Every step she took closer, Bucky stepped back until he hit the bar. "And I'm always the one in charge" she growled playfully. Bucky stood wide-eyed. He's seen y/n dance when they did truth or dare, but now they're together it was so much different.