Ch. 13 A Moment To Remember...

(M/n) POV

      A talking cat??? Morgana???? Wait...How on earth did he get here??!?!?

Morgana: "Look....You two need to be backing me up in there..."

I walked over to the three which had caught all their attention and I say,

(M/n): "Morgana.....How on earth did you get here?!?"

Morgana: "....Uhh...I was just brought over to this world with a new body....One that replicates your world...In this case....A cat's body."

(M/n): "Sounds accurate.."

Ryuji: "Hey wait! You're just accepting this for now?!?!?"

Akira: "Uhh...Meow?"

Ryuji: "This is no time to be joking around!!!!"

Morgana: "Regardless, we still have a bigger issue at hand, in case you couldn't tell.....There is still a big castle arou-."

      Ryuji then told the little cat to shut up so that way no other students walking by could hear or see us. Probably for the best to be honest.

Ryuji: "That said.......We can't just do this out in the open you know!!"

      I'm just surprised that I met up with this talking cat. I mean, I'm glad I also have someone else to talk to about this whole Persona thing, probably for the best if I don't tell Kinene this.

(M/n): "Where else are we supposed to talk? I mean, this still leaves us out in the open!"

Akira: "We have to think about this logically. Perhaps get a way in and out." I was a little lost by what Akira was talking about, then I figured he was talking about infiltrating Kamoshida's palace; however I had a palace of my own I had to go through.

Speaking of which, I got a text from Kinene, one that said,

"I'll be late! Make sure to make yourself something when I get back."

———

Once I got back home, I called out with a loud,

"Hello?"

There was no response, but it didn't hurt to check, sometimes Kinene would be there even if she said she would be late, responding with, we got off early or not as bad as I thought it would.

(M/n): "Better do it while I have time."

I laid my back onto the couch as I sped walk down the hall and towards Kinene's room, which was closed, I pushed it open slowly, no one was inside. Good. I opened it all the way and moved over to Kinene's dresser. On the top was a couple of cheesy Romance novels, and even a couple of action manga. Then on the far-left side was a picture frame, it was a much younger Kinene probably in her late teens or early twenties. She had the bright smile on her face as I see the people she was with; it was Mom and Dad. Dad having a similar height build to me, makes me miss them both a whole lot more.

(M/n): "Wait.......Maybe......"

As I processed bringing the picture frame, I faintly hear some the front doorknob clanging. Kinene was here, I took the picture frame with me as I ran out of her room and hid in mine. I hear the door fully open as Kinene says,

"I'm home! (M/n)?? You here?"

(M/n): "Yeah, I'm here!"

Kinene: "School went well?"

(M/n): "Yeah, it did!" I sit down on the ground, my eyes darted all around the room just thinking about having this photograph in my clutches. Not letting it go without a fight or if I die. And it wouldn't be too long before Kinene takes notice of the missing photograph.

      I take out my phone, pulling up the app, ready to go into Kinene's palace, even as she's in the house at this point, however, I hear a knock at the door before I enter into the Metaverse.

Kinene: "(M/n)? Do you know where my framed photo is?"

(M/n): "Uh....I don't think I've seen it. Why? Is it not there?"

Kinene: "It's not on my shelf. Look......(M/n). I don't want to pry. But I know you have it."

(M/n): "What makes you say that I-."

Kinene: "Because I know you (M/n)." Kinene was quick to cut me off, she already knew. Sometimes she can be good at reading people, especially those she knows. Shit, my cover is blown, and if I leave to go to the Metaverse that will raise even more suspicion, I got to face her head on.

      I get off the floor, facing the door with a look of disappointment on my face. Opening the door, I see Kinene standing there, left hand on her side, right hand out. I wanted to give her the picture but I brought it back to me as Kinene was surprised by this.

Kinene: "What are you doing (M/n)?"

(M/n): "I........" I couldn't muster up the words to tell Kinene. I thought that her anger would be brewing maybe even boiling over but instead she sighs.

Kinene: "(M/n). You know what Solomon woul-."

(M/n): "Don't Kinene."

Kinene: "Am I wrong?"

(M/n): "I don't want to hear it." I was a little infuriated now, more than ever, I don't know why, but hearing her evoke my dad's name.......I broke a little.

Kinene: "I don't think you should be using that tone. Don't worry, we ca-."

(M/n): "You're not mom."

Kinene: "What?"

      I didn't repeat myself as Kinene just left now more upset than ever, I realized I had gotten Kinene away and I had an opportunity, this may come back to bite me in the ass but fuck it.

------

      Arriving in the palace grounds, I hear a disembodied voice ringing in my ears with her sweet whispers of promise and joy.

Kinene?: "Be my little baby boy forever!!!!!"

(M/n): "Sorry, but I swear.....I will help you Kinene."

Kinene POV

      Sitting on the floor, hugging my knees as close as they could get to me, I put my two hands in front of my face, a few tears starting to form.

Kinene: "God!!!!! All I want to do is be the best parental figure I can!" I don't know what else to tell him, I want to do it for Solomon and Corissa!!!!!" As my mind was filled with nothing thoughts and no new ideas, a notification had popped up on my phone.

      A new app was unwillingly installed on my phone, it was a portrait of an eye, with red surrounding it.

Kinene: "What the?"

END