Ch. 10 When Will You Learn?

(M/n) POV

      With Kinene now giving me the deadline, I could tell that something now lingered right above my head, taunting me, that something that happened was now my fault.

3rd POV

DAYS UNTIL THE MOVE: 7

STEAL KINENE'S HEART

(M/n) POV

........I can't just sit here and let this happen....I have to do something......Kinene......I'm doing this for you.....I pull out my phone and see the app, I breathe softly. Before finally growing the the guts to press the button, causing the world around me to change into something that still was there in the back of my head. Then it became clear again, the very crazed looking apocalyptic background with a nearby hatch for a bunker.

(M/n): "Huh....I guess she now recognizes me as a threat now..."

      I said this in response to how my outfit changed from my school clothes to my new armor I got, seeing the shield and sword in my hands, the almost Knight like armor on my chest and the weird crown on my head, in fact, it was almost like my mask. I looked around to try and get a better look at myself but could only find a shattered piece of glass, I pick it up and see what I looked like. And there it was....A yellow and black crown with eye holes, some spikes going up, and a some lines that went across the sides of my head.

(M/n): "Now this....Is pretty cool....."

      My hands touched it, dropping both my weapons onto the floor, however, there were also gloves on my hands, I didn't notice them at first cause I was so caught up in the moment that it just slipped my mind.

(M/n): "Yeah....This is very cool....."

However, I got out of my little admiration moment and picked up both my weapons and went near the hatch. I saw the very moldy almost faded color of the door, like it was originally a nice blue color but now became a rusted, old, hatch that no long shines like it probably once did. It was stupid to just knock on the hatch cause more than likely, the shadow version of Kinene would pop out and take me away before I even had a chance to fight back. So I just did it the Sauerkraut way, I pulled it open and walked down the seemingly endless set of stairs before reaching the first part of this bunker. It was like a little marketplace from the looks of it, with people walking around as though nothing was wrong in the world.
Their faces were very blank though, almost robotic, plastic even, I didn't see them blink or smile, they just.....Had that expression on their face. But they still talked, with their mouths moving just like an animatronic, making me think that Kinene assumes people to be nothing but mindless, faceless beings, ones that aren't as important as me or herself.

(M/n): "Jesus Kinene.......Why would you think of people like this?"

      I just walked through the crowd of people as some gave me a few "weird" looks while others just ignored me and bought some plastic fruit. Yet, with some looking at me, it almost gave me the impression that they would alert some guards to come after me, but they didn't, they just looked at me, no words, all I heard from them was, "Oh look at this fruit....Isn't it such a lovely day?" or something along those lines.
But, that level was over thankfully as I found another long set of stairs......

(M/n): "I feel like I should have trained more for stairs...But eh...What am I gonna do?"

I walked down the stairs at a slow pace clutching tightly to my sword and shield just in case a giant enemy were to pop up in front of me and want to fight me. But thankfully, I haven't seen one appear yet.

Kinene? POV

I sense him here....The poor boy......Thinking he can rebel against his new mother? Oh....He's just so gullible......

Kinene?: "Guards....Find me my prey....And bring him back alive please....."

(M/n) POV

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I was greeted by a ceiling that was leaking a few drops of water as well as what looked to be a giant open plane with a now closed door. The door was not there before, I assumed that Kinene's shadow knew that I would be here and has now prepared to make it a tad more difficult to get deeper into her palace. But now, I was mainly focused on the door as it had a fairly recognizable drawing on it....It was of a mother holding a child, no, not just a child, but a baby......This was very obvious what it meant but of course I still had to see what I needed to open it.
Alas, some shadows had just been plopped directly in front of me causing me to back up as they spoke,

Shadow: "WE CANNOT LET YOU THROUGH! THE ONLY WAY FOR YOU TO COME THROUGH IS IF YOU COME WITH US!"

(M/n): "Like hell I'm letting that happen!!!!"

Shadow: "HAVE IT YOUR WAY!"

The bodies twitched before then morphing into odd creatures, like a Knight on a horse, to a pixie, to a Jack O' Lantern. So I equipped my Persona as I prepared myself for battle. The creatures didn't seem eager to attack just yet so I used this opportunity to summon William, I didn't know what exactly what he would do but I heard the word, "Megido" in the back and I decided to let that come to the light. And boy did it, the move just created several purple spheres that eviscerated the enemy field.

(M/n): "Holy shit!.....I just did that????? I think I'm kind cool! Wow!"

Kinene? POV

Kinene?: "Grrrrrr..........Don't think that little shit will create fear in me my child! You will have to do more than that to get to me!"

END