Ch. 14 We Can Be Stronger As Family

Kinene POV

      I knew I was no longer back in the apartment, this place was dark, it was vast, it was disgusting. The smell alone that went up my nostrils was enough to make me want to puke.

Kinene: "What kind of place is this?"

      Walking through this place, I saw this open entrance to a bunker. Then I hear a loud disembodied voice,

???: "FIND HIM!!!! FIND HIM!!!!!!!!!!"

Kinene: "I-Is that me?????"

      I knew there may have been some danger in here, but I feel like there's something I need to do.

(M/n) POV

      This picture got me in, and there it is that big piece of treasure, maybe I could.

Kinene?: "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!"

      The hand I used to reach out to the shiny treasure turned into a fist as I turn around to see Kinene's alternate version. Her shiny yellow eyes were filled with frustration and pain.

Kinene?: "Why must you make things so difficult??????"

(M/n): "I'm trying to help you Ki-."

Kinene?: "I DON'T NEED HELP (M/n)!!!!!!!" She was quick to cut me off, stomping on the ground once or twice, growling and howling at me.

(M/n): "I'm still taking this treasure."

Kinene?: "Not on my life!!!!!" The ground began to shake as this shadow form of Kinene grew a wicked smile. She then morphed into a giant white creature holding a child, her face had these big eyes that burned into my skull, and the crooked teeth.

(M/n): "Guess I have to fight. Let's go....WILLIAM!!!!!" I summoned my persona and got ready for battle.

Kinene POV

      This place feels so familiar to me, why is this place familiar?

???: "WILLIAM!!!!!" That voice sounds familiar.......Who is that? Turning the corner, I find this giant woman with a horrific face, holding a child and was facing off with a guy wearing a weird outfit.

Kinene: "What the hell???" I kept my distance but wanted to speak to the man holding his own.

???: "Come on! MEGIDO!!!!" Suddenly a large figure appeared above the man as this weird aura struck the giant.

Kinene: "Get em big guy!!!" The man turned around to face me, he-. Wait (M/n)???????

(M/n): "Kinene???????!?!?!?! What are y-AHHH!" The giant smacks (M/n) into the wall as I go over to him.

Kinene: "What the hell are you doing here???????? What is going on????? Come on!!!! We have to g-."

(M/n): "No I can't! I have to do this!" He puts the mask back on his face, but I stand in front of him.

Kinene: "Stop!!!!!!"

(M/n): "Kinene......I'm doing this for you!!!" He stands in front of me, noticing that the giant had started to charge up for a killing blow.

Kinene: "(M/n).......I......" He goes to leave but I grab onto his hand.

(M/n): "Kinene!" My eyes then stare him in the face as I say,

Kinene: "I.....I can't lose you!!!!!! I made a promise to your parents!!!!!!I'm sorry...But I don't want to lose you (M/n)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Tears start to form in my eyes. I drop down to my knees. As my hands touch the ground, I hear this voice,

???: "So, you see you have a clear goal?"

Kinene: "What?"

???: "You understand what you have wanted to do? What you must do."

Kinene: "Yes."

???: "That you are willing to protect those, all in the names of others."

Kinene: "That's all I want to do."

???: "Then come and fight against those who defy you!!!!" This mask I have on my face, like a bandana covering my eyes, like the turtles. I rip off the bandana as I scream as loud as I could.

      A woman with sharp rapier, and warrior clothing hovered above me.

Kinene: "So this is me...."

(M/n): "Kinene????????"

Kinene: "Yes.....It's me......This is me....!!!! I won't let you die (M/n). And it's all thanks to this. It's time to go......ARTEMISIA!!!"

3rd POV

      (M/n) and Kinene had started to barrage the giant parent with skills of almighty. Kinene had used her new weapon, a battle axe that she had draped over her shoulder.

(M/n): "Letting loose Kinene?????"

Kinene: "Hell yeah I am!!!!! Never felt so much adrenaline going through my veins in my life!!!!!" Kinene's breath started to become visible. She was excited that her blood was boiling, and that this giant form of her was being knocked back repeatedly. (M/n) now caught up in the excitement says to Kinene,

(M/n): "Kinene!!!! I just want to say, I'm sorry!!!!! You are family to me!" Upon hearing those words, the brunette got a bigger boost in stamina as she fired one more attack of Megido to finish off the giant. It screeched and hollered before fading into dust. Once the dust was gone, the shadow form on Kinene stood on her knees. The real Kinene sighed,

Kinene: "I did this........The only person I can blame for this is me."

Kinene?: "We wanted to cherish the time."

Kinene: "Indeed. However, I....." Kinene turned around to face (M/n).

(M/n): "It's ok Kinene."

Kinene: "I will be there for you. Because.....You are my family." Kinene has a confident smile on her face, as (M/n) and Kinene embrace. Their embrace was short lived as the bunker had started to collapse around them.

(M/n): "The hell is going on????"

Kinene: "We need to get out of here now!!!"

———

Kinene POV

Kinene: "Ah......My god........That was quite the surprise!!!! We're back though."

Me and (M/n) had to catch our breath, and still make sure not to fall over, at least with me and my jelly legs.

(M/n): "Kinene!"

Kinene: "I'm fine......I just need to rest......."

(M/n): "Ok......."

Kinene: "Say (M/n)......What did you say to me back in that odd place?"

(M/n): "I........I'm sorry for saying you're not my mom.......Your family to me.......But I....."

Kinene: "No it's ok.........But I get it now.......We are family.......And I'll always be there to protect you."

END