six

⌜ chapter six ⌟

"I can't believe you told Cory that he's turning into a werewolf. I heard him howling in the school hallway today." Letty shakes her head, and Eric laughs as he looks at her.

"I had to. He's gullible enough to believe it." He tells her. "When he told me that he got bit by some mystery thing in the backyard, I couldn't waste a perfectly​ good opportunity."

She shakes her head at him again and then goes downstairs where Morgan's sitting at the kitchen table. The teenager sees Mr. and Mrs. Matthews as they're walking into the house.

"Hi, guys." He greets.

"Hi, Mrs. Matthews. Hi, Mr. Matthews." The brunette says with a smile.

"Morgan, that costume is so you." Her mom tells her.

"Scarlett helped me with it." The tiny blonde says with a smile as Cory starts going through the grocery bags asking for his stuff.

"You're the most adorable little devil that I've ever seen." Letty says as she straightens the headband with the red horns.

"That would be wolfsbane, silver bullets, gun." His mom reads from her list. "Oh! The lady ahead of me took the last gun." She says sarcastically, and Letty chuckles.

"Fine, Mom. Is that too much to ask for, that you could take a minute and maybe save my immortal soul?" He questions. "I guess not. But look, you got Morgan's gummy worms." He puts them on the table next to her and goes into the living room.

"I'll share my worms with him." The blonde says, and the older girl smiles as she looks down at her.

"Oh, that's very sweet of you." Her dad says, kissing the top of her head. "I'll take care of this. It's kind of a guy thing." He says as he goes after his son.

"No, it's not." Letty starts laughing.

"Do I even want to know?" Mrs. Matthews asks.

"Probably not." The brunette shakes her head.

"So, no work tonight?"

"My boss is refusing to give me more shifts at the store, and the coffee shop has some special event tonight or something. I don't know exactly — just that only the more experienced employees are scheduled."

"Maybe your boss at the store is trying to do what's best for you." Mrs. Matthews says, and she takes a deep breath as she looks down. "Is everything okay, Scarlett?"