seventeen

⌜ chapter seventeen ⌟

Letty walks into the kitchen through the backdoor of the Matthews' house just as Eric rushes away from his parents and into the living room. He's clearly excited about something.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Matthews. Hi, Morgan." The brunette smiles as she closes the door behind her.

"Scarlett!" Morgan yells, and her smile widens. She loves hearing the tiny blonde shout when she walks in.

"So, what's got Eric all worked up this time?" Letty asks.

"Oh, he thinks he's​ gonna win ten million dollars from Robin Leach." His mom tells her, and she nods. "He says he needs more money to take you out."

"That should be a sweet gesture." She says, and his mom chuckles. "I'll go get him and drag him to school with me."

"Thank you, sweetie."

"Hey." Letty gets her boyfriend's attention as she walks into the living room. He's sitting on the couch.

"Come. Sit." Eric pats the cushion next to him.

"Come. Drive me to school." She holds her hand out to him.

"But I could miss Robin Leach."

"Tell me, is Robin Leach ever gonna make out with you?" She asks, and he quickly gets to his feet.

"And the girlfriend wins." He walks over to her, and she smiles as he leans down to kiss her.

"Your mom says that you want more money to take me out." Letty says as she looks up at him, and he nods as he rests his hands on her hips and pulls her against him. "How about I pay for our next date?"

"That's supposed to be the guy's job."

"This is a relationship between two equals?" She raises her eyebrows, and he nods.

"Of course."

"Then that means that I get to take you out every now and then." The brunette smiles as she stretches up and presses her lips against his.

"How did I get so lucky?" He mumbles against her lips, and she laughs as he picks her up and spins her around.

Letty's at school later and she's sitting in the cafeteria. Shawn and Cory are running the school radio show, and it starts off really boring. They're talking about a cupcake sale to raise money for something that doesn't​ interest her at all.