twenty-two

⌜ chapter twenty-two ⌟

"All my other senses are completely shut down." Eric's saying as Letty walks over to the boys' table. She freezes when she sees what he accidentally did, but he doesn't react.

"Uh..." The brunette looks over at Jason, and his blue eyes meet her brown ones. "All senses, huh?"

"Yep."

"He's in the S.A.T. zone." Jason tells her as Eric continues eating, pulling his bread apart and drinking his apple juice.

"Eric, baby?" She walks around the table and sits down next to him.

"Hm?" He turns to her.

"You just spilled soup in your lap."

"What?" He raises his eyebrows, and she motions to his jeans. He looks down and then suddenly starts screaming as he brushes it off.

"You're insane." The brunette shakes her head as she watches her boyfriend freak out.

"So, did John go and pick Dean up from New York yet?" Jason asks, and Letty gives a seriously? look. "How long do you think he's gonna leave him there?"

"That depends. Do we assume he knows that Dean didn't end up in juvie?" She asks, and he pauses as he thinks about it for a moment.

"I doubt he doesn't know exactly where Dean is."

"I know damn well he knows where Dean is." Miller tells them as he sits down across from the brunette. "He's pissed off at both of us. He won't even answer my calls anymore."

"Well, that's because you're dad's a—"

"I'm telling you, man, I got business here." A familiar voice suddenly gets Letty's attention, and she looks away from Jason and Miller.

"Uh-oh." She mutters, and the three boys follow her gaze.

"What?" Eric asks, confused as to what has her face suddenly turning a shade paler.

"Oh, no." Jason shakes his head.

"Shit." Miller mumbles.

"Listen, I'm not saying this again — if you're not faculty or staff, you have no business on this campus." Mr. Feeny tells the man that's standing in front of him.

"Hey, leave me alone, pal. I'm George Feeny." He says, and Letty sighs. "I'm the principal of this here high school."

"Who is that?" Eric asks as Letty quickly stands up.