twenty-three

⌜ chapter twenty-three ⌟

"Hey!" Letty bangs on the bathroom door. "You're primped and pretty, princess! Open the door!"

"I'm not wearing any pants!" Dean calls from the other side, and she groans as she walks away and goes to get a hair-tie so that she can put her hair into a pony-tail.

It's been a rough three weeks, to say the least. Bobby stayed for about two weeks, but then he had to get back to the salvage yard that he runs in South Dakota, so now Letty's staying with John and his boys. They have two motel rooms — John's, and the kids'. And Dean's been having a lot of fun getting on Letty's nerves, especially in the mornings. Part of her wants to say he learned it from Miller, but the younger of the Winchester twins hasn't been so bad lately.

That night, she goes over to Eric's and finds that he's already in the backyard. It's after dark, getting late, but she couldn't care less at the moment. Eric smiles when he sees her walking toward him.

"Hey, you just missed—" He stops when she walks up directly in front of him and wraps her arms around his torso. His eyebrows furrow as he hugs her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm better now." She says, her head resting on his shoulder, and a small smile tugs at his lips as he tightens his arms around her.

"I haven't seen you much lately." He says, and she sighs.

"I know. I've been trying to adjust to things at the motel with John and the boys, and studying for the S.A.T.'s." She takes a deep breath as he rubs her back. "How are things here with Shawn?"

"I think you and Shawn should switch places. I'd rather have you here." He tells her, and she laughs as she pulls back to look up at him.

"Because then you'll get to make out with me more often, or because he's driving you crazy."

"Well, it was the crazy answer, but now it's the first one." He says, and she smiles. "Really, Letty, are you okay?"

The brunette nods. "Yeah, I'm alright. It's been...tough and really weird, but I've been through worse, so..." She shrugs. "It's just another adjustment to make."

"Yeah, you'll be alright." He says, and she smiles.

"Yeah." Letty nods as she leans forward and presses her lips against his.

His hands slide to her hips as he pulls her body flush against his, and she moves her hands to rest on either side of his face. She smiles into the kiss as one of his hands settles on the small of her back again. The two teenagers then hear footsteps in the neighboring yard, and Eric sighs as she pulls away from him.