ten

⌜ chapter ten ⌟

"What's going on over there?" Letty asks as she walks over to Shawn. He's leaning against a locker, watching what's going on with Cory and some brunette girl around the boys' age.

"His mom told him to be more polite and see if people notice." He tells her.

"Well, I think someone noticed." She smirks, and the younger boy laughs as they watch the girl flirt with Cory. She writes her number down on his hand and then walks away from him.

"Alright, Cor." Shawn smiles as they walk over to him.

"That girl." Cory looks at them. "She wrote seven numbers​ on my hand. What could that possibly mean?"

Shawn looks at Letty. "You wanna tell him or should I?" He asks.

"He's your best friend, you teach him." She says, and he turns back to Cory.

"It means call her."

"Shawn, how can I call her when I don't even have her—" Cory looks back down at his hand and smiles. "Ooooh."

Letty laughs. "Aw, my babies are growing up so fast." She says, and Shawn shakes his head. She then sees Eric walk out of the boys' bathroom and she walks over to him so that they can talk for awhile before classes start.

He tells her that he needs to go and talk to Jason, so she says that she'll catch up with him a little while later. The brunette then walks over to the phone outside of the boys' bathroom and dials the number that she's got memorized.

"Hello?" A younger male than she was expecting answers the phone.

"Where's your dad?"

"Not available. What do you want?"

"Anyone ever told you that you're a real charmer, Winchester?" She says sarcastically.

"Oh, it's you." Dean says. "Calling for some lessons in self-defense?"

"You're even more infuriating than your brother, you know that?"

He shrugs. "It makes me happy."

Letty rolls her eyes and then sighs. "I don't suppose you've heard from my old man recently, have you?" She asks.

"That putz?" He questions. "No. He and my dad got into it before we left town, they didn't leave things on good terms."

"Really?" She asks, eyebrows furrowed.

"Really. I think the connection was pretty permanently severed after your lunatic of a father threatened to shoot my dad." He tells her.

"Yeah, that'd do it." She nods. "Wait, then why the hell did he leave Miller here?"