twelve

⌜ chapter twelve ⌟

"I don't get you two...like, at all" Miller shakes his head as he leans against the closed locker next to Letty's. He's looking over at Eric, who's talking to a girl that's pretty clearly flirting with him. "I mean, I could understand to an extent before. You're cagey on certain things, and you wouldn't want a boyfriend who would actually take an interest in knowing your family like you know his...but now everything's out in the open. He knows what's been going on with you; your wingnut of a father is gone. You can actually date this guy now. So why aren't you?"

"Why are you annoying?" The brunette asks as she shoves a textbook into her locker before grabbing the one that she's gonna need for her next period.

"Has there really been nothing that's happened between you two?" He asks, and she glances at him, but doesn't answer. He stands up straight as he looks down at her. "Well, that's telling. Now tell me."

Letty sighs as she shuts her locker door and looks up at him. "He tried to kiss me."

"And then what?"

"And then nothing. Cory walked into the room — moment sufficiently ruined."

"You were at his house?" He questions, and she nods. "You're both dumbasses. You don't try for a first kiss in a house full of people, especially that family."

"Considering we already had a first kiss, and that was completely ruined by his grandmother — yeah, I know." She huffs as she looks away from him.

His eyebrows furrow as he looks down at her. "What?"

"Don't ask." She shakes her head.

"You know, you could ask him to the Turnaround dance."

"You know, I could kick your ass." Letty retorts, and he smiles as he shakes his head. "Oh, you don't think so?"

He shrugs as he looks down at the brunette. "I might let you win for the fun of it." His smile turns flirtatious as he takes a step closer to her. "You wanna wrestle?"

"You wanna lose?" She quirks an eyebrow, and he chuckles.

"It's cute how you think you can beat me."

"It's cute how you think I can't..." She steps closer to him. "...when I have plenty of times before."

He hums as something over her shoulder catches his attention. "Sup, Matthews." Miller greets before looking back at Letty. "To be continued." He reaches up to touch her face, but she smacks his hand before nudging him back a few steps. He then turns around and walks away.