eighteen

⌜ chapter eighteen ⌟

Letty, Eric, and Jason walk into the Matthews' kitchen, and the boys put the stuff that they're carrying on the dining table. Letty goes to get herself a glass of water, as she really has no interest in their Summer plans.

"What do you got there, boys?" Mrs. Matthews asks as she looks at their stuff.

"Books for our Summer trip." Eric tells her as the two teenagers sit down.

"Mhm. Europe on a Student's Budget​, Backpacking Your Way Through Italy..."

"Nude Beaches on Five Dollars​ a Day." Mr. Matthews reads the title of another book.

"Hey, where would you put the five dollars?" Jason asks, and Mrs. Matthews smacks his arm.

"Oh, you know, Eric, there's a new book you may have missed." Mr. Matthews says, and they all look over at him. "It's called, Nobody's Going to Europe if Their Grades Don't Come Up." He says, and Letty chuckles.

"I read that one. I couldn't put it down." Mrs. Matthews says as Letty sits down next to her boyfriend.

"So, uh... H-How's it end?" Eric asks his dad.

"Well, it's not clear. You see, the main character's parents just got a note from his teacher, Mr. Feeny, that says he's not doing so well in European​ History."

"See, Dad, that's why I'm not doing well. Because I don't have any hands-on European​ experience." He reasons as he stands up and walks​ over to him.

"Yeah, that's why we're going to Europe." Jason says, gaining their attention. "To get our hands on something." Letty kicks him under the table, and he groans in pain. "Ow!"

"Watch it, buddy." The brunette says as his blue eyes land on her.

"I can do whatever I want. He is the idiot going to Europe with a girlfriend at home." He says, and she glares at him.

"Why don't you come with us?" Eric asks his girlfriend, and her brown eyes turn to him.

"Oh, yeah, sure." Letty nods. "I'll absolutely do that. Right after you convince my boss to give me a raise."

"Sorry, kid." Mr. Matthews shakes his head.

She shrugs. "I have Summer school anyway." The brunette says. "And I was thinking about heading to the coffee shop to see if they're hiring again."

"Are you not doing well in school?" Mrs. Matthews asks.

"She's doing fine. She takes Summer classes to get ahead." Eric tells them.