ーsunghoon started it

2022.04.18
[italics dialogue = english]

requested!
—della birthday chapter!
—more of the boys bickering for della's attention

i have writer's block 😩

"Guys, we're in one room," Sunoo spoke up

"You didn't say anything," Jungwon replied. "Where is Della, anyway?"

"In the other bathroom," Heeseung and Niki said together.

"Sunghoon- please practice your rap right now, I'm soo curious," Jay grinned.

"No way!" the others whined at Sunghoon's rejection.

"I'll show you my song!" Jay tried to negotiate.

"No way, it's embarrassing- hi, my love!" Sunghoon shouted when he heard Della open the bathroom door.

"Hi, darling," Della walked over to sit on his lap. Oh did that boost his ego.

"Hah!" he pointed to his members.

"Della- out of all the times that you could've sat on his lap, you chose now," Sunoo sighed.

"But.. but.." Jake gestured to his lap while looking at her with puppy-dog-eyes.

"Oh my God," Jay, Niki and Jungwon gave the guy a judging gaze. Jake's realisation came not long after, making him scream and cover his face behind Jungwon's back.

"Poor Jakey," Della chuckled while brushing through his hair. "By the way, why? What's wrong with me sitting here?"

"The usual," Heeseung didn't need to say much.

"Ahh okay.." she nodded in slowly. "Bye oppa," she teased by trying to stand up.

"No!" Sunghoon let out a high-pitched squeal while holding her close. The members laughed at the unexpected sound.

"'No!'" Jay and Jungwon imitated.

"Wait- Hyung, it's Della's birthday. She is allowed to change seats if she wishes," Niki pointed out. "'I wanna sit on Riki's lap' okay Lala!" he said in a high-pitched voice before replying to himself and stealing Della from Sunghoon's. The others were too amused to do anything but laugh.

"'No, I wanna sit with Heeseung-oppa. He's the most loving, best, handsomest-'"

"'No, I change my mind. I think Jaeyun-oppa has the most comfortable lap, so I wanna sit there,'" Della scoffed a little at the 'Jaeyun-oppa.'

"Guys- it's like.. six minutes 'til our anniversary and you're bickering," Della sighed, leaning comfortably on Niki.

"Sunghoon-hyung started it," Sunoo blurted.

"Yah!" Sunghoon raised his fist to the younger's direction.

"Didn't this happen on our 100 days too?" Jungwon laughed.

"But Jungwon-ah, this is not just a milestone. This is Lala's birthday too," Jay explained. "At least we were civil on our 200th day."

For a while, the eight kind of forgot about their childish exchange. They started talking about their milestones and looked back into their relationship over the past year (and couple of months).

They were really enjoying it. They laughed, they cringed, they tried to defend their (and at times, each others') actions- they forgot that they were actually 'counting down' to midnight.

"Oh shit! Happy birthday, Lala!" Sunoo was the first to realise six minutes past twelve. "Happy anniversary!" he rushed to give her a large hug, knocking both of them to the side due to her unstable 'seat.'

"Ah! Kim Sunoo!" Sunghoon had to deal with the duo's weight, but he didn't do much to stop it. "Happy birthday and one year, Lala!" he joined in on the hug, instead.

"Happy birthday and happy anniversary, Lala-chan!" Niki climbed on top of them.

"Wait wait, hamburger! Hamburger! Get on the floor!" Jay instructed. Jungwon giggled before quickly grabbing a pillow from his bed to protect Della's front.

"Hamburger!" it started with (obviously) Della, then Niki, then Sunghoon, Heeseung, Jay, Jake, Sunoo and Jungwon.

"Aghh! Happy birthday and happy anniversary!"

Enha looked especially cute (and weird) that day. All eight were stuck at the hip. They were together everywhere they went, only separating when Della had to do her V-Live, but even then they came to visit. All seven of them.

In addition to that, they all shared pictures during their fancy dinner that night.

While some of them posing with a gesture that Sunghoon unconsciously did during his rap- which, yes, he did end up doing in front of everyone. It was only fair since everyone else presented their gifts together.

All eight members updated their socials twice. One birthday post on Twitter and one on Weverse. OT8 shippers and Engenes, in general, were fed a lot.

The boys might bicker a lot and (apart from Heeseung) will never admit it, yet deep down, they know that they secretly love their relationship. It's truly the best option for them.

❅◦❆◦❅◦❆◦❅◦❆◦❅◦❆

please head to the link in my profile (or comment here) to tell me your favourite chapter so far!
it'll be greatly appreciated💫