The Workshop

I took my first breath, outside of that facility and abruptly choked on the stale recycled air making me drop to my knees trying my best to catch my breath a soldier patted me on the back and said( it doesn't get easier from here kid ) and walked away I looked up to see neon signs of businesses and a massive City protected by thick glass Dome surrounded by an infinite Abyss.

Before I could fully process anything I heard a robotic voice calling out to customers to buy some good bullets and guns I followed the voice until I came across a vending machine with a neon sign reading Bullets & Shells Vending others crowded around me.

As we slowly approached this vending machine I placed my credits into it a old dusty screen flickered to life and showed me a collection of guns and bullets from 1914 to 1954, I was taking it back from this but proceeded to practice an M1911 Pistol it was a little worn down but it was still good.

I even bought myself two magazines customing me 120 credits but I did feel a lot safer I walked away from the quickly growing crowd and slowly ventured into the city people left and right began offering me questionable jobs, and I almost considered taking one of them until I felt a hand on my shoulder and heard the soldier voice.

Telling me ( Don't jump the gun kid at any old job that sounds good, that's how they get you first they're all nice giving you a place to stay and food even a good paying job to make some cold hard cash then after a week or two, you will have to pay rent and food, water, lights, ( protection ), you know etcetera until you are their slave in everything but name.)

(That's how they get their fresh meat by fooling the naive and desperate into believing in charity down in this hell hole where the scum of the earth is fed into the city and to its sleeping eldritch chained god, true charity and trust are rarer than pure gold & diamond down here kid don't even trust me just try to play smart and know your worth kid.)

( Your classification on your arm says you are a Gear Head or simpler terms good with machines sign up with a mechanic shop but if you are interested in making real money sign up with a diving crew it's more dangerous work but greater pay and better gear do whatever helps you better survive kid ) he pointed to a neon sign that says, Antonio's diving crew.

The first time I ever saw Sew Antonio He had a fat cigar in his mouth and was rubbing his scar across his face while watching soccer, he looked up from his TV at me with a look of complete disinterest and said (what the hell I'm feeling generous today looking for a job fresh meat)