The Break Down

He dropped to his knees I tried my best to crawl over to him, but (he smiled and said my favorite Russian mechanic, my badass gangster kid, I'm sorry I just couldn't keep you guys safe, go find a secret door under my desk maybe my thank-you gift will keep you two safe ) bit by bit I watched the life drain from his eyes I just started to cry as I realized he was gone.

I heard gunshots and a buzzsaw cutting through cultist flesh that's when everything went abruptly dark, I woke up in the infinite black void called the ocean but somehow I wasn't drowning a giant mechanical tendril grabbed me and pulled me close to a mechanical eye, it looks me up and down.

I tried to break free but then I heard something like a mechanical voice in the back of my mind clawing its way to the front of my brain ripping through my adrenaline-fueled thoughts and fears to say three words that nearly break my mind ( I am Kemet-Hemut ) when that thing says these words my eye explode it sending waves of unbelieving pain out through my whole skull.

But as was I recovering from the shock a new eye began to form from what was left of my old eye but something was off it seemed the eye was incomplete that's when I heard glass cracking, and following the sound, I noticed a small crack on the god-like thing mechanical eye.

I watched as human flesh & flesh like steel slowly formed into a human-like eye but had a symbol of gear for the pupil and clear rubber tubes for veins, but the most horrific part was the copper wires moving and throbbing like a living creature, I watched as the eye slowly crawls to the side of my face, abruptly digging its wires into my empty eye socket nesting inside my brain force of centuries of knowledge into my brain sending me into a seizure.

When I finally woke up from that horrific nightmare, the kid was holding my hand while sleeping I was about to rub his head as he slept but stopped when I felt something sticky and wet going down the side of my face, course I rubbed my eye but somehow was not completely shocked as bits of flesh and blood cover my hand.

That reminded me of the kid's arm being badly hurt I looked down to see his arm covered in bandages and weird symbols but by far the weirdest thing was he didn't have fingers like a human he had black claws, but I didn't care as long as he was safe I pulled him into my arms with no hesitation.

A mix of blood and tears pour out of my eyes as a flood of emotions begins to overtake me rather than pull away out of pure disgust for my weakest he pulled me close and told me ( it's all right sooner or later it all happens to us all, we will lose a piece of ourselves and someone we love in the city the best thing we should do right now is, honor their memory and give their deaths meaning )

What That Kid Said To Me I Took To The Heart To This Very Day