Grimm Celebration

Antonio dropped a mountain made of cash onto the table all three of us sat in complete silence, not one of us daring to reach for the money but the kid was different he set up and said (not once in my 14 years of living have I made a single dollar legally but here I am hesitating from just holding my cut of this mountain of cash but here I am.)

Antonio places his hand on the money and says ( money is money we are death row inmates and people with life sentences we will live fast and die young why does it matter if they die first we will live for them and us, I will be getting us better gear and weapons you two kids party I handle the business end)

As he said this he tossed us each three wads of cash with a forced smug smile on his face trying his best to hide his emotions but we both could tell he was lying he was trying to protect us from the horrors we would have committed just to survive down here by acting like we are somehow justified in our cruelty.

We played alone by going out partying but the only safe and also a cheap place to have a good time in that unwater hell was a bar called the Banshees Inn owned by Miss Banshee a woman who is feared and respected by all because of her Connections and her ability say one word and make the whole room go quiet.

As I was drinking away my guilty conscience with cheap vodka I had a realization I never once asked the Kid what was his name, and he never once asked me my name as I thought of this I noticed as he was sitting next to me he drunk soda and eat two burgers with fries not even bothering to look tough by drinking alcohol.

Or smoking like most kids his age and Miss Banshee only seemed to be interested in talking to the kid as if they go away back. then I heard something that caught my interest Miss Banshee said to him (sorry kid about your brother he was a good man but also he left you a gift, a custom-made Winchester Model 1897 Shotgun I hope it kept you safe down here and I get the info you wanted I hope it brings you peace.)

She placed the shotgun in his lap and a wore down notebook he politely thanked her and huge the weapon with a loving warm smile she patted him on the head while she looked over to me and mouthed out these words (keep him safe or you dead) I nodded at the time I didn't even know what was going on let alone how serious it really was or how it would change our lives forever.

But somehow I knew our destiny will always somehow overlap rather we wanted it too or not saying that I can honestly say this with complete certainty I have no regrets, not a fucking  one