Fast Money And Slow Sins

The kid raised an eyebrow looking me over probably thinking this was a bad idea but luckily for me, he listened, The plan was simple it was a lot of scrap metal, undamaged computer components, tools, and gear maybe even weapons left over from past unlucky inmates like us.

The kid nodded and said (hmmm true but you forget something we need to regroup our teams, sneak past an undead monster with a cannon for an arm, and not raise suspicion or draw unnecessary attention while sneaking out contraband that I will remind you will probably get us killed did I miss anything?)

I replied with (yes you did my young lad if this doesn't work or if we don't do it, we are both probably screwed because it doesn't sound like this job is very lucrative for you or for me right now and we both know nothing in this city is for free saying that I assume you already know what I mean, anyway and might as well get paid in the end right or at least die trying)

He groans in annoyance and shook my hand we agreed I use my diving tools to scavenge whatever was somewhat intact and he used his shotgun to cover my ass if things get heated if I'm being completely honest I was worried about my boss the whole time we were Scavenging.

I was dreading seeing his corpse ripped to shreds or seeing something worst than death happened to him I spend enough time in that shit hole to know by then there are way worse things than just a painful death but speak of the devil I saw the Crazy Cheap bastard running towards us as I was ripping out a bloody Thompson machine gun from the recently not alive teammate caved-in rib cage.

I chucked him the Thompson, and he miraculously caught it just to spin around and unload a whole drum magazine into a horde of fish-like humanoids as I and the kid did the same blowing away anything that somewhat looked like a fish, a pile of inhumane bodies laid out at our feet, I could not begin to describe to you the smell and their horrific appearance.

Antonio didn't ask us anything and just started looting too without a single word as if he was on autopilot forcing, on pure survival but there was this deep saddest in his eyes like he wanted to be better than this, I couldn't blame him what we were doing was wrong and nothing in this world or the next justify it.

To add even more insult to injury the people who hired us didn't even bother to ask questions about the other teams and didn't even care that we looted the place or the dead people only really cared about that we couldn't finish the job but still paying us In full because they wanted to hire us again simply since we survive and the other teams didn't.

Making Unforgivable Act Making It Totally And Utterly Pointless