Stage Twenty-One

hello.

so yeah, i've been meaing to update this for a while, but life and shit.

bleh.

{read-over edited}

_____________________________

<Ashton's POV>

When I woke up in the early morning, I was so groggy and out of it. Michael stayed with me, being careful about touching my arms and made sure I was safe. It was slightly confusing to why he was so protective of me and I wanted to know why he was.

"Why are you so protective of me?"

His face turned pale. "Um, you did something bad last night...."

"What did I do?"

He directed eye contact on something else before he answered. I must've done something pretty bad for him not want to look at me. "You hurt yourself pretty badly..."

I looked down at my arms as rolled up the sleeves, seeing the bandages going up my arm to my shoulder. God fuck. I'm so stupid for doing that.

"Why'd you do it?" I looked to see Michael's eyes grow soft, seeming to be upset.

I honestly wanted to tell him, but I still wasn't sure if I could...my brain decided for me.

"You wanna know why? I did it 'cause of you and Kacie and I did it 'cause of the one night stand..."

Michael's eyes lingered from my arms to my face, his eyes holding something back.

"I-I'm sorry. That one night stand was a mistake."

My throat got all choked up them. He thought it was a mistake?

Of course he did, he doesn't like you Ashton...

"Y-Yeah...I guess it was."

There was no way in hell that he'd like you back-

"What about you at the club? You and staring at me and going and dancing with that girl..."

He seemed to get mad then, sitting up from the bed and standing. Michael started pacing, running his fingers through his hair. Fuck.

"You made me feel something and I couldn't of felt that way. I was with my girlfriend and was suppose to be paying attention to her...not you."

He was sounding angry, staring right at me, making my blood boil as well.

"I'm sorry for wanting to get your attention for once instead of her getting all of it!" I stood up and got in his face. "She always got your attention! I wanted it for once! I..."

Oh my god his eyes were sucking me in. I couldn't take it. I seemly launched myself at him, my hands going on his face and my lips meeting his. He knew what was going on before I did and put his hands on my hips, leading me to the bed.

"Holy fuck." I breathed, connecting our lips again.

My mind was going crazy with feelings I couldn't seem to reach and things I couldn't hold onto.

I didn't want him to leave me, I knew he was going too.

Michael disconnected our lips and look me in the eyes, moving his arms to around my waist.

"Let's go back to sleep..." He mumbled.

I agreed and nodded, moving myself into his chest. I yawned, and closed my eyes.

"Goodnight." Michael mumbled sleepily.

I giggled at him. "It's morning, you big goof."

"Not to me, now sleep."

I closed my eyes and did what I was told, dreaming of him.