Stage Twenty-Two

hi. I think I'm going to write about 3-5 more chapters for this fanfic. I mean, I love it and all but I'm so busy with everything that it's getting a bit hard to write and shit so...yeah.

{read-over edited}

_____________________________

<Ashton's POV>

I woke up soon after Michael fell back asleep, watching his nose crinkle up and his chest raise and fall.

I was to comfy to move from my spot. And watching him made me realize that he had a massive impact on me. He makes me feel better, making my depression fade off of my mind even though he seemed to be the cause of it in the first place.

I just watched him sleep peacefully, admiring the way his lips parted as he breathed. I smiled and moved closer to him, ducking my head into his chest carefully not to wake him, closing my eyes again.

I fell back asleep for a few minutes before there was a blaring alarm, starling us from our sleep.

Michael rubbed his eyes sleepily and mumbled "What's going on?"

"Fire alarm." I stood up, grabbing some PJ pants for the both of us to wear since we sleep in our boxers.

I blushed at the thought, throwing the pants towards him and dug in my dresser for a shirt for me. "There."

"Thanks, let's go."

We followed the sea of students, some sleepy like us and some fully dressed. We all shuffled out of the building, seeing no sign of smoke or fire anywhere.

"Hey guys." Luke and Calum walked up to us. They tried to act normal but failed miserably, giggling like crazy towards each other.

"Hey." Michael grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest, angry to be woken up. "I was sleeping...stupid alarm."

"Guess what we did?" Calum said.

"We made the fire alarms go off."

They both started giggling annoxiously, leaning on each other for support. These fuckers.

"Are you kidding me?!" Michael was upset, I grabbed his hand, helping him to calm down.

"We were messing around in the hallway and"-

"I don't wanna hear the rest of this." Michael grumbled. He leaned onto me, putting his face on my shoulder.

"Students you may now go back inside." The principal said, gesturing for us to go to the doors.

"Thank god."

We walked back inside into our dorm, and Michael immediately went to his bed and fell on it.

"You're grumpy in the mornings."

I sat down on mine and watched him give me a glare, by turning his head.

"I didn't get to sleep till noon."

"Poor you." I teased, he glared at me again.

"Fuck you."

"Gladly, come here." I smirked, spreading my legs.

Michael's eyes went wide then he smirked as well, coming over to me.

He kissed me and laid me down on the bed. He already had my shirt off and I quickly took off his too.

"Ah fuck, Ashton."

I smirked while kissing him more, moving one of my hands towards his "problem". I moved my hand onto his pants and stroked it, making him moan in my mouth.

Oh my god, this is the greatest thing ever.

He pulled away from my lips, his eyes growing wider as he looked at me.

"I'm not ready to do this again...I'm sorry." He whispered. I didn't want him to feel bad so I kissed his forehead softly.

"It's okay babe. I'll wait when you're ready, okay?"

"Okay."

I smiled and he got off of me, going towards the bathroom, kind of waddling. I chuckled and laid back down in thought.

Everything was just so...complicated. I wouldn't never thought I would've gotten to this point. I thought I would've killed myself by now either on purpose or accident...I wouldn't have minded either way.

"Well that was quick." I smirked as Michael came to lay back down next to me.

"I've had practice..." He smirked back.

"Oh really?"

He then went all sheepish, hiding his face in his hands. I moved my face close to his hands and removed them from his face, smiling. He kissed me shyly and cuddled up into my side.

Today was Saturday and school started again I Monday. Holy fuck it's been forever since we went to school.

"We have school soon." Michael mumbled.

It was like he read my mind. I looked down at him. "Yeah..."

I really wanted to ask him, but I felt like it was bad to ask. I just needed to know if this was serious or not...I hate when people plate with my feelings. Everyone does really.

"Michael"-

"Ashton"-

I started speaking right as Michael started to as well, both of us blushing slightly.

"You can talk." Michael's eyes started at mine, a smile following from both of our lips.

"Okay." I took a moment to gather enough courage to ask him again. "What are we? Like relationship wise..."

He took a moment, starting to chuckled quietly. My heart sunk into my stomach.

"I was actually going to ask you that."

"Oh...."

"Yep."

I avoided his eye contact and found his hand, taking it mine.

"If you want to tell me honestly what we are go right ahead." Michael wanted me to, which was strange because I had no fucking clue what we were.

"I actually don't know." I sighed afterwards to express how sorry I felt. I wish I could actually figure out what the hell we were but I'm not good with relationship terms nor am I even good at relationships. Hell I'm surprised this one worked out at all.

"You know what?" Michael's voice suddenly grew stronger. I looked back down at him, moving to where I was sitting up a bit with him laying on my chest. "What?"

"We should go do something today...." His eyes went wide then. He got up quickly and gestured for me to stand up as well. He walked around the bed to face me. A big smile on his lips as he did. "Ashton Irwin, would you like to go on a date with me?"