18

Hunter was breathing heavily as he walked into Ninja Ops. And his hair was pretty much wet. The others happened to be training in the room, so Hunter's entrance distracted them

"Where have you been?" Blake asked.

"Storm Chargers." Hunter plopped down and rested his head on the table. "It's official, Gwen hates me."

"I'm guessing you tried talking with her again?" Shane assumed.

Hunter nodded his head. Blake let out a sigh. "I told you to give her space."

Hunter glared at Blake. "I just wanted to try once more. I don't think she'll ever forgive me."

"Say, where is Gwen?" Dustin asked.

Hunter lifted his head in confusion. "She never came back?" They all shook their heads.

"We have to go look for her." Tori said.

They all stood up and began to walk out. But Cam stopped them. "She's fine, guys. I already checked on her." He assured.

"Is she safe." Shane asked. Cam nodded his head.

Everyone walked back in and sat down by the table. "So where is she?" Hunter asked.

"Don't worry about it. Just know that she's fine. She just needs to be alone right now. Give Gwen her space. It's the least we can do after we've basically been nonstop questioning her."

"Pretty sure she hates all of us right now." Dustin muttered.

"Not as much as she hates me."

"Like I said, she'll come around." Shane patted Hunter's back.

"I don't know about that." Cam walked over to the computer and began typing.

"What are you talking about?" Tori asked.

"Not that Hunter or Blake know, but do you three not remember what happened with Peter and Eva?"

Shane tilted his head in confusion. But then he realized that he had heard those names before. Meanwhile Blake immediately knew what Cam was talking about. And he knew he needed to get Cam to stop.

"Peter and Eva?" Tori questioned.

Blake stepped forward. "Hey, Cam, I think it's best if you don't-"

"Yeah, her ex, Peter. How did you guys forget?"

"I didn't know Gwen had dated anyone before?" Dustin scratched his head in confusion.

Cam turned the chair around to look at them. They all had a look of confusion. Blake scratched his head awkwardly while looking away.

"You guys really didn't know?" He asked. They all shook their heads. "But, Shane..."

"Yeah, I wanted to ask about that. But I assumed it was nothing since you said to just leave it. She only said it in the moment, but I don't think she even realized."

Cam turned his chair back around to face the computer. "Forget what I said. You guys should head home now."

Tori stood up and walked over to Cam. She turned his chair around so he could face them again. "No, explain."

Cam looked at all of them. They all had the same face of concern of Gwen. Cam let out a sigh and shook his head. "Peter is her ex boyfriend. I only knew him from the things Gwen had told me. And Eva was her best friend. They had been friends since middle school. I asked Gwen to go into town for me one day and she spotted the two of them together. I'm sure you guys can figure out what happened next."