4

When school was finally over, Gwen headed straight into the locker rooms to get dressed for practice. She could only hope that the others wouldn't come in the middle of her practice session to ruin it.

She walked out onto the grass with her water bottle in hand. She took a sip of her water and glanced over at the bleachers. There, she could see the last two people she wanted to see. Eva and Peter held hands and cuddled close to each other.

Gwen clenched her fists. The pain and anger she once felt was coming back to her. She questioned why they were even here. It was like they were taunting her.

Gwen shook her head, then made her way to the start of the track. When she got in position, she could already hear cheering. "You got this, Gwen!" Shane shouted.

Gwen turned to the other side of the bleachers and spotted the others sitting watching her. She shook her head and smiled. She suddenly felt more calm. "Go!" Her coach shouted.

Gwen took off. The others watched her in surprise as she took off in the speed of light. "Wow, she's fast." Tori said.

"She's like a cheetah." Shane said.

"So awesome." Dustin smiled.

The closer she got to the couple, it felt like she was running slower. The two looked over and stared at her as she run. Gwen suddenly couldn't breath anymore. It felt like her heart had just stopped. Gwen closed her eyes until she knew she was past them, not realizing that she was running faster.

She reached the end and her coach stopped the timer. "Nice job, Gwen."

Gwen walked over to the grass and fell down while breathing heavily. She wasn't even tired from the running, it was the pain the exhausted her. The others stood up from the bleachers and walked over to her. They noticed her breathing heavily, and leaned down next to her. "Are you alright?" Shane asked.

"Just tired." Gwen lied. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Are we not aloud to support our friend?" Tori asked.

"I mean, I love your support, but at my practice?"

"We need to see how fast you actually are. I'm pretty sure I can beat you." Shane bragged.

"I'd like to see you try."

"Shane, you wouldn't even be able to beat Dustin." Tori patted his back.

"That feels more of an insult towards me." Dustin scratched the back of his neck. "But, do you mind doing me a favor?"

"What is it?" Gwen asked annoyed. Shane reached his hand out and helped her up to her feet.

"Sensei wants us back at Ninja Ops later, but I have a shift at Storm Chargers later. Mind taking my shift and helping Kelly out?" He asked.

Gwen let out a sigh. "Fine." She groaned. "Not like I have a choice anyways."

"You're the best." Dustin gave her a thumbs up.

"Yeah, I know."

The three heard their morphers buzz, meaning it was time for them to leave. "Guess I'll see you later."

"We'll meet you back at the shop later." Tori said. "Don't get into any trouble."

"No promises." Gwen watched the three leave, her smile dropping once they disappeared. She turned around to Eva and Peter. They were still so cuddly with each other. But Gwen was just glad they weren't looking at her, but she still couldn't help but to play with the bracelet. And it was going to be a pain having to be around them like this.