Chapter 6 | Introducing Nick

A knock came from the door and I sighed and went to the door to answer.

Thanks for bothering me while I was eating my pizza.

I made my way to the door and pulled it open. There stood Nick in his black jeans and no top on.

"Nick?"

He smiled "Hey babe"

I rolled my eyes "What are you doing here?"

"Well it's kinda cold out here so how about you let me in first" he said

I stood aside and let him enter "it's your fault that your cold for not wearing a top"

He chuckled and came inside "You know me, i like showing my abs off"

I shook my head and closed the door. He sat on the sofa and layed comfortably, too comfortable.

"So why are you here?" I asked once again.

He flashed me a side smile "Simply because I hated the college I attended, it didn't meet my standards"

"You got expelled didn't you" I sighed.

Nick just shrugged and I knew I was right.

"Nick, you know I spent thirty thousand on your college fees"

He sighed and held my hand "You know I didn't want to do this whole college thing course I knew it wouldn't work out for me. I'm sorry if I let you down though"

"I'll accept that apology when you pay me back" I muttered and walked upstairs to my room.

Nick was my baby brother but he sure could be a handful.

*****

Its been only 24 hours and I'm sick of Nick.

We've been chilling inside the apartment and snacking while watching movies.

Right now he went upstairs to take a shower. I pick up my phone and check the time.

14:30pm

I sigh and lean in the sofa and close my eyes.

The door yanks open. I snap my head in the direction of the door.

Daniel and Reachel walk inside the apartment and close the door.

They both seem do be arguing. You know when you have two friends and they both argue, you just feel left out. You can't pick a side because you'll be betraying the other person.

I love them both.

But Nick always told me you can't love people equally, no matter how much you try to convince yourself you love them both equally, there will always be that one person, that you would pick more then the other.

"Are you guys okay?" I ask scooting up so they could sit down.

Reachel sits down next to me while Daniel sits on the opposite chair.

"Well I went to pick up Reachel at the bar. And I saw some guy trying to harass her. He was grabbing her arm and shoving her around. I got there in time before he could try anything, I told Reachel to quit that dang job but she isn't listening to me" Daniel says ruffling his hair. He does that when his irritated.

"I can't just quit the job" Reachel defends

And the bickering goes back and forth.

I just sit there, muting out each passing second.

This always happens. They end up arguing and they come to me, when I try to reason with one of them the other gets mad and accuse me of choosing sides. Though that wasn't my intention I end up being the bad guy for trying to help.