Chapter 14: I Still Love You But

Kelly and I knocked on the wooden door and waited.

I could see she was just as nervous as I was.

A man in a blue suit opened the door. His face lit up when he saw us standing there "ah, so I see you two didn't turn down my offer. Come on in"

We both looked at each other confused.

I never met Adrian's dad before. While Adrian and I were in a relationship he was overseas working so it was like he didn't have a father. So this was new to me.

"Thank you" I mumbled and stepped inside the warm house glad to be inside instead out on the cold weather. Outside it was windy and I think in a few hours we should be expect rain.

When I stepped inside the house Adrian was situated on the sofa on his laptop. I immediately regretted coming. But then again, his my client and nothing more.

"Over here girls take a sit" Adrian's dad said.

Adrian looked up and sighed rolling his eyes. In that moment I felt like running up to him a smacking the shit out of his pretty face. But then again what would his father say. 'she's a beast, someone chain her down'

I chuckled at my thoughts and sat down.

"Dad I thought we had talked about this" Adrian said in a cold tone.

"I know, son but you have to understand that we have to make this official, women aren't very patient" he said

I would have protested but is he really wrong?

"Fine then I'm going to go to my room and take a shower, seens you invited them they're your responsibility" He said and ran upstairs leaving.

I rolled my eyes. Typical Adrian.

"Don't mind him. I think he got his period" His dad said causing Kelly to burst into laughter. Maybe me and Adrian's dad are going to get along depending on how this meeting goes.

"May I ask why we're here?" I asked wanting to jump straight into business.

"Well I heard that you two ladies are in charge of my son's wedding. So, I wanted to personally ask how things are going as you may know there's a week left" he said

"Well Kelly and I are working through things. We had a problem with the flowers but now we have already ordered blue blossoms, and as for the decor we have already hired a team that will do that for us" I said and handed him the sheet of paper that listed all the details.

He scanned the paper and nodded in agreement "Okay, well everything seems good to me" he smiled up at us.

I nodded "Okay well then we'll be on our way"

"uh, no please not yet. I wanted to ask one thing of you. The food, I'm a vegetarian and so are some of my friends who will be attending and I just wanted to know how we will be accomodated"

I bite my lip.

We haven't thought of that at all.

"uh, we have some platters that will be for people who are vegetarians. We asked the chefs to also prepare some meals for vegetarians" Kelly said once she realized I had frozen.

"Okay then. Thats wonderful. You guys can be on your way now, I just wanted to check on how things are going" He said "I'm John, by the way"

"Nice to meet you too sir, I'm Sarah and this is my friend and assistant Kelly" I introduced "May I use your bathroom before we go?"

"Upstairs on your right"

I nodded and made my way upstairs. When I got there, there was two rooms on my right. I sighed, and so just guessed which one could possibly be the bathroom.

When I opened the one room it clearly wasn't the bathroom instead someone's room.

It had a king sized bed and white walls, the room looked neat with the book shelf on one side of it.

I saw a note on the wall and I strolled over to read it curiousty obviously kicking in.

'the past doesn't define you, it makes you'

I read the note over and over again because of how beautiful the message it held was.

"What are you doing?" A voice I would recognize any where asked.

When I turned around as expected Adrain stood there a towel wrapped around his waist. His abs were on display and his hair was wet with droplets dripping off making him look sexy it took my breath away.

"I, uh, was looking for the bathroom" I stuttered.

"The bathrooms next door" he said hoarsly.

I nodded and made my way to the door.

"I'm sorry about the other night -"

I cut him off "I get it, your sorry it shouldn't have happened"

"No, actually it did happen and it was amazing. I just couldn't say that with the whole getting married in a week thing" he walked closer to me until there was no space between us "Three years later and I still want to see you every morning, I still want to be the one person who gets to touch you"

I couldn't say anything instead I stood still on one spot.

Adrian leaned in and his soft lips met mine. He kissed me so hard I had to give in. I kissed him back and pulled him by the neck closer.

Adrain layed his forehead on mine as he tried to catch his breath.

"I still love you" I muttered "But we can't, not now not ever. Your getting married in a week and as much as I would like to continue this, we can't"

I pulled away and walked out the door. Tears started coming down my face and I couldn't help but let them. I needed this, I needed to cry. It was the only way I knew how to let it all out.

"Sarah, are you okay?" Kelly asked as she saw me on the floor with my hands on my face.

I shake my head "No I'm not. I could I be okay"

She walked up to me and pulled my head in her chest "Its okay, let it all out"

And I did. I cried. I held onto her t-shirt and cried.

I cried because as much as I wanted Adrain I couldn't have him because he wasn't mine to have. He was getting married to Jennifer the women who had been by his side when I wasn't.

And sadly life just didn't go the way we wanted it to go.