Prolog: The Contest

I still couldn't believe that I had won. I never win anything. I can't even win at online bingo when there are 50 winners a game.

How in the hell had this happened?

I had no idea.

I had read and reread the e-mail what had to be around 200 times by now.

Hello. This is BIGHIT MUSIC.

We would like to provide you with some information regarding the CREATE A SETLIST FOR BTS contest.

We are happy to let you know that you have been chosen as winner of the CREATE A SETLIST FOR BTS contest. We had an overwhelming response to this contest with entries flooding in from around the world. As you know, this was an essay contest where we asked ARMY to write about what BTS means to them and how they keep the members involved in their everyday life.

We had many, many, MANY employees reading the essays over the past several months, with each member then being given ten different essays to read themselves. Each member then picked their favorite from their set and read them out loud to the other members, who then voted for their favorite.

The BTS member who chose your essay was very adamant about your essay being chosen as the winner, and the other members agreed. They were all impressed and inspired by how you use them and their music to teach in your classroom. This has led BIGHIT MUSIC and BTS to the idea that we should put out videos that can be used to teach in other classrooms. In the near future, you can look forward to everything from ABCs and counting with BTS, which pertains to the age group that you teach, to Algebra and even physical education with BTS, geared more towards older students.

We here at BIGHIT MUSIC and the members of BTS all feel that education is important, and we want to do our part to help keep students engaged in their lessons.

We want to thank you for the inspiration you have given us and the members of BTS, as they are greatly looking forward to producing these videos. In addition, we also want to say thank you for being a teacher and all that you do every day to educate, inspire, and care for the children who will create the future of the world that we all live in.

The BTS member that chose your essay from his stack has expressed a desire to help you create the setlist for their upcoming shows in Las Vegas. As you are in the US, and the members will be traveling there next week, we would like to set up a time for you to meet with this member to go over your ideas for the concerts. They would like to help with the transitions from song-to-song to make sure that the flow of the concert is as seamless as ARMY has come to expect from BTS. He would also like to spend a day in your classroom, to see first-hand everything that you described in your essay. We know that it is sometimes difficult for schools to let outsiders and strangers onto the premises. We will be including contact information at the bottom of this correspondence. Please pass it along to whatever administrators would need to help arrange this.

The member who chose your essay would like to remain anonymous until your first meeting, and we find that this is a cute and fun way to continue this contest.

We will contact you in a few days, after we have spoken to your school administrators to arrange a date and time for said member to come for a visit. If you have any questions for us regarding the contest, that does not include who the secret member is, please do not hesitate to reply back to this e-mail.

We at BIGHIT MUSIC and the members of BTS would like to thank you for your continued support and we can not wait to see the setlist that you come up with.

Regards,

BIGHIT MUSIC

Tomorrow.

He will be coming to my class tomorrow.

I still had no idea which member of BTS was going to show up. When BTS went live last week, to thank everyone for their entries and announce that the winner of the contest had been chosen, they gave absolutely no clues to who would be joining me in my classroom tomorrow.

I'm half-expecting it to be Namjoon and half-expecting it to be Jungkook. They both seem like they value education and love learning new things, so that makes sense to me. 

To say that I was nervous would be an understatement. My entire closet was spread around every available surface of my bedroom. My bed, my desk, my dresser, the floor. And I had come to one very simple conclusion.

I look like an actual potato.

I wonder if it's too late to back out?

************************************************

Author's Note: I told ya'll that I had a new story idea swimming around in my brain, didn't I? My friends would like nothing more than for me to sit at home and write on my Hobi/JK/toomanycharacterstonameatthispoint/soulmate book. But sometimes I need a break from that. That's why I like to have two stories going at once. Anyway, I hope that you like this one. -------Kat

 -------Kat