Chapter Eighteen: You're the Alpha

*******Jimin's POV*******

"Just tell him that I'll be back some time this afternoon," I said quietly into the phone, as Aurora slept peacefully beside me.

I was trying to be as quiet as possible, so that I wouldn't wake her up.

"He's not going to be happy."

"I know that, Tae," I whispered to him. "But she needs me right now. I'll come to rehearsal this afternoon."

"But what if-"

I cut him off. "Kindly remind him that he might be the leader of BTS, but I'm the Alpha."

"Yeah...I'm not going to do that."

I shrugged. "Suit yourself, but I have to go. I'll see you in a few hours."

I hung up and reached over to set my phone on the nightstand, careful not to mess up the edges of Aurora's nest.

"Who was that?" Aurora asked me, blinking her eyes open.

"It was Tae," I said. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you."

"You didn't," she said, using her fingers to rub at one of her eyes. "I was awake. Just didn't want to move yet." She pushed up into a sitting position.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"You have places to go," she said with a shrug. "I was going to see if I had anything so that I could make you food before you left."

I frowned at her. "I don't have to leave now. I told them this afternoon."

"Jimin..." she said, giving me a glare that she probably thought was stern, but I just thought made her adorable. "It's been two days. You have to get back to your normal life. You have rehearsals for the shows. You can't keep neglecting your responsibilities for me."

I stared at her for a moment, then reached up to lightly run the pad of my thumb over the swollen scent gland on the side of her neck.

"You are one of my responsibilities, Aurora," I told her. I leaned forward to kiss her forehead. "It's not like I need extra dance practice or anything."

"Thought you might need extra practice sitting in a chair for one of the slow songs," she laughed softly. "Your arch nemesis might have plans for you."

I blinked at her, then started tickling her sides. "My arch nemesis, the chair?"

"Yes!" she squeaked out, trying to push my hands away. "Can't have you getting hurt on me."

"I can't believe that you're teasing me about falling out of chairs," I said, poking out my bottom lip.

"Oh come on, Jimin," she said. "It's like a thing. Do you know how many Tiktok and Youtube compilation videos there are of you falling out of chairs? Or just falling in general? It's amazing that somebody so graceful can also be so clumsy."

I pushed my lip out farther and pouted at her.

She giggled and leaned over to kiss me right on my poked out lip.

I couldn't keep it up. I pulled my lip back in and smiled at her. "Sometimes I forget that you're ARMY and already know so much about me."

She shrugged. "I don't know everything about you. And I like you for the things that I've been able to learn on my own since we met."

I leaned my forehead against hers. "Good. I don't want you to like me, just because I'm Jimin of BTS."

"I don't, baby," she said, bringing her hands up to cup my face. "It might be why we met, but I wasn't prepared for how truly amazing and sweet you are." She cocked her head from side-to-side. "Except for the ghosting thing."