Chapter Five: You Were the Top

"So..." Jimin said, once we had been seated at the table. "I have to confess something to you."

"Okay?" I asked, a little confused and worried at the same time. "Is it that you were just joking about everything that you said in the car? Cause I'll understand."

"What?!" he asked. His angelic face scrunching up. "No! That's not it! Come on, Aurora. I wouldn't say that to you, and then take it back ten minutes later. I'm a nicer guy than that."

"I know, I just..." I sighed. "Sorry. What were you going to say?"

Jimin stared at me for a moment, then he reached across the small table and took my hand, holding it as he talked. "Aurora..."

"Yes, Jimin?" I ask, looking at him.

"I meant what I said in the car," he told me, squeezing my hand. "And I'm not going to change my mind. I've felt a connection with you since the moment that I walked into your classroom. I'm hoping that you felt it, too, but if not, then I will back off some. It's hard to express, I guess. I just saw you and..."

"And you knew that we were meant to cross each other's paths?" I offer as an explanation.

"More like...I knew our paths were supposed to intertwine," he tells me, giving me a soft smile.

"I like that," I say, smiling back. "What were you going to say before?"

"Well....you mentioned that you wanted us to perform Coffee, right?" He asks me.

"Yeah. Of course," I say. "I love that song. It's pretty."

"Well it's been a long time since we have done that one," he tells him. I watch as his cheeks turn a little pink. "I'm not even sure that I remember the words."

"Oh, that's okay," I say, waving my hand in front of me like it's nothing. "I'll teach you."

Jimin looks at me for a moment, then he covers his mouth with his hand and giggles, actually giggles at me.

"What?" I ask him. "Why are you laughing at me?"

"You're just so cute!" he says, still giggling. "You're going to teach me the lyrics to my own song. I love that."

"Well if you don't remember them, then somebody has to!" I say.

"Oh I know, I know," he says, squeezing my hand. "I would much rather you teach me than try to remember them myself. I just meant that it's funny that you know the lyrics and for the life of me, I can't recall them. Just a vague sense of the melody."

"It's a pretty song," I told him. "I really love a lot of ya'll's older stuff."

"I've noticed," he told me with a chuckle. "What other older songs do you like?"

"Ummm...I love Jump and Boyz With Fun, although, as a teacher, the z instead of an s kind of annoys the crap out of me."

He laughed at me. "Sorry, it wasn't our doing."

"And I love No More Dream, which I think I told you, and We Are Bulletproof Part 2," I said. I scratched at my hand as I tried to think. "Ummm...N.O. and Attack on Bangtan. Boy In Luv and Just One Day. Danger and War of Hormone."

"You like War of Hormone?" he asked, his tone telling me that he was a little surprised.

"Yeah," I say. "I love it. I don't understand all of the backlash that it got. It's a good song and I love the beat to it."

"You know that we were told not to perform it anymore, right?" He asks.

"Yeah...I know," say with a shrug. "It sucks. Or else it would definitely be on my list."

"I can ask..."

"Nah, that's okay," I tell him with a smile. "I appreciate that, but I will not be the reason that you get more backlash over it. Even if I think that's stupid, and even if I do really love that song."

Jimin stared at me. His eyes roaming my face before locking back onto my eyes.

"What?" I asked him.

"You should be our publicist," he said. "You really seem to care about our music, and you don't seem like you'd be afraid to call people out on their bullshit about it."

"Oh I do that daily, dude," I tell him with a laugh. "Seriously, I've got some facebook groups that you should read through." I cock my head from side-to-side. "Actually, no. Don't do that. Some of the stuff that I've said is embarrassing."

"Oh now you have to tell me!"

"No way in hell, Jimin," I said, shaking my head. "It's not happening."

"Come on, how bad can it be?" He asked me. "What did you do? Rank us by sexiness?"

"Among other things," I say, blushing at my own admission.

"You're kidding," he said, laughing at me. "You really did?"

I shrug my shoulders at him. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. You will never know."

"At least tell me where I ranked," he pleads, giving me some seriously adorable puppy dog eyes.

"No."

"Aurora! Come on!" he says, lightly smacking the top of the table. "Tell me!"

"Jimin!" I mock him in the same tone that he used on my name. "No! You do not need your ego inflated anymore!"

"So I was near the top, then?" he asks with a smug smile.

"Good Lord, dude," I say, laughing at him, because he's so damn cute that I can't help it. "I'm pretty sure that the entire world finds you sexy, and you don't need my confirmation."

"At the moment, your confirmation means more to me than what anyone else in the world thinks," he says, leveling his honey-colored eyes on me.

"Fine," I huff, crossing my arms on the table in front of me. "You weren't near the top."

His bottom lip pokes out in the cutest way that I've ever seen. "I wasn't?"

"You were the top, Jimin," I told him. "Always." 

*************************************************

A/N: Sorry that it's been awhile since I updated. I'll try to be better. 

-------Kat