Chapter Eleven: Bloody

*******Aurora's POV*******

"You look gorgeous," Jimin said from across the table.

"Umm...thanks," I said, feeling the heat rise over my face.

It wasn't that I didn't appreciate the comment, it's just that he had told me this about nine times since he picked me up twenty minutes ago, and I had run out of ways to say thank you. And in reality, I wasn't even wearing anything spectacular. I left school late because a parent had requested a meeting, and I barely had time to even change my clothes before Jimin was ringing the doorbell.

I was wearing blank ankle boots and black skinny jeans (which had a rip right below my right knee. It wasn't there when I bought them, but I tripped the last time that I was wearing them and scratched up both the jeans and my knee pretty badly when I fell.) I was also wearing a turquoise t-shirt and my favorite, well-worn black leather jacket. It wasn't really cold enough for a jacket, but Jimin made me nervous and this jacket was like a security blanket that gave me confidence.

"I'm not meaning to make you feel weird with the compliments," Jimin said. Apparently he had caught on to what I was feeling. "It's just that black and blue are my favorite colors, and you look amazing in both of them."

"Blue is my favorite color, too," I told him. "Specifically, turquoise."

"Any other favorite colors?"

"Mint green," I told him. "My mom calls them my 'signature colors'."

"You mentioned the other night that you're adopted, right?"

"Yeah. I am," I said. "My parents adopted me when I was 7 months old."

"Did your birth parents...?"

"Did they die? Is that what you're asking?" I tried to clarify, and he nodded his head. "No, they didn't. Or at least, that's not why I was put up for adoption. I don't know what has happened to them since then."

"So you've never met them, then?" He asked me.

"Nope," I answered, shaking my head. "I've never really had any desire to. I don't hate them or anything. I'm thankful that they gave me up so that I could have a better life. And I have. I couldn't ask for better parents than the ones that I have."

Jimin smiled with his head cocked to the side while he listened to me. "Would they be okay with it if you did want to find them?"

I nodded. "Yeah, they would. They've suggested it a few times. I just don't feel like I need to. I have amazing parents, and a little brother and sister that I love more than life itself. I don't need another family, because the one that I have is where I have always belonged."

I sat back out of the way so the server could put our plates in front of us. Once he left, Jimin looked at me again as he picked up his knife and fork.

"I'm glad that you ended up with such good people," he told me.

I cut into my steak, then put some Worcester sauce on it. "I really did. My life could have been so much worse."

"Do you believe in fate?" He asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I guess that I do. Why do you ask?"

"I was thinking that everything in our lives led us up to this moment," he told me with a shrug.

I cocked my head to the side to look at him. "You think that us, sitting here together, having steak, is fate?"

He shrugged again. "Couldn't it be, though? Maybe fate wants us to be together."

I rolled my eyes and didn't answer him, since I knew that I would never be fated to be with somebody like Jimin. Instead, I took a bite of my steak and started chewing.